Backdate a P-51A to Mk i

I have an accurate miniatures P-51A and I’d like to back date it to a Mk. 1.  I have an accurate miniatures mkiA, and I can only see difference in the panel lines an a slight difference in the air scoop.  I have the ultra cast resin mk1 set.  Is there anything else I am missing?

Thank you, Dave. 

the P-51A has a wide 'bulged' carb air scoop while the Mustang Mk1 has the narrow straight sided carb air scoop.

Other differences include; P-51A has port wing  landing light only the Mk1 had a landing light in each wing;  the Mk1 had a gun camera opening outer leading edge of port wing;  ; different openings in the wings for the different armament; the Mk1 did not have the three ID lights under the stbd wing;  the ventral air scoop was fixed on the P51A and the Mk1 had hinged doors front and back .   not usually modelled, but the Mk1 had little backward facing scoops just behind and above the rear quarter glazings.

Cheers, Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a
10 hours ago, peter havriluk said:

Dumb question....Would a AM P-51 (no 'A') be what OP is wanting?  I have no idea but AM sure made a bunch of variants. 

yes, the P-51 kit or the F-6A kit involves less converting.  Depends on what the OP has on hand or availability of other kits.

Tony

17 hours ago, Snowbird3a said:

the P-51A has a wide 'bulged' carb air scoop while the Mustang Mk1 has the narrow straight sided carb air scoop.

Other differences include; P-51A has port wing  landing light only the Mk1 had a landing light in each wing;  the Mk1 had a gun camera opening outer leading edge of port wing;  ; different openings in the wings for the different armament; the Mk1 did not have the three ID lights under the stbd wing;  the ventral air scoop was fixed on the P51A and the Mk1 had hinged doors front and back .   not usually modelled, but the Mk1 had little backward facing scoops just behind and above the rear quarter glazings.

Cheers, Tony

Thank you so much!!!!!!