Tamiya 1/48 F-14A & D and F-4B Stencil Replacements?

All,

I'm guessing this questions has been asked and answered many time thus far, but I have not been successful in getting a definitive answer...

I know that the Tamiya 'big decals', the ones that are most noticeable, on the tails, sides of the fuselage, and on the wings, top and bottom, have gotten some bad press regarding their 'thickness' and inability to lay down well and look like painted markings, as is typical of Tamiya decals, the one significant complaint leveled against these generally spectacular models!!.  I have gotten aftermarket, Cartograph printed, decals for those as replacements.  I have not read about people's opinions about the stencil decals.  I'm presuming that the same criticism of the larger, more prominent decals apply equally to the smaller stencil decals, but I would like to hear the opinions of those who have attempted to use them.  In addition, are there aftermarket, Cartograph preferred, stencil decal replacements for the 1/48 F-14A and D and F-4B aircraft, and who makes them?  Again, I am sorry if I"m going over previously plowed ground, but I would still appreciate an answer, even if it's a pointer to previously posted answers to these questions.  Thanks for any help!!