GWH F-15 E Converted to F-15 EX

8 hours ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

Hi Matt,

MRP clear!  I love the stuff!

Looks great. I have used it before but it seems a bit "hot". I since switched to Tamiya Clear using Mr. Leveling Thinner....works great and is durable.  You my friend have mastered the MRP Clear.

28 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Looks great. I have used it before but it seems a bit "hot". I since switched to Tamiya Clear using Mr. Leveling Thinner....works great and is durable.  You my friend have mastered the MRP Clear.

Any tips on what not to do? I just ordered my first bottles of both gloss and matt MRP varnishes đŸ˜„

2 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Any tips on what not to do? I just ordered my first bottles of both gloss and matt MRP varnishes đŸ˜„

Hi Arnaud,

I reduced the pressure on my compressor to between 10-12 psi and applied several light coats.  Haven’t had an issue with it being hot yet, but I can see where it could be if you applied it to heavy!

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thank you Sir!

2 hours ago, arnobiz said:

The secret is what was said earlier, misting thin coats. I probably did hit some areas of my F-15E (Tamiya) too hard with the MRP. I just find the Tamiya Acrylic with MLT to be much more forgiving. Anyway, I'm going to give the MRP another try.

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

The secret is what was said earlier, misting thin coats. I probably did hit some areas of my F-15E (Tamiya) too hard with the MRP. I just find the Tamiya Acrylic with MLT to be much more forgiving. Anyway, I'm going to give the MRP another try.

I agree with you 100% Matt!  Good luck with the MRP!

15 hours ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

Hi Arnaud,

I reduced the pressure on my compressor to between 10-12 psi and applied several light coats.  Haven’t had an issue with it being hot yet, but I can see where it could be if you applied it to heavy!

Thank you Brad!

• 2 weeks later...

Little update on the F-15EX…..it was brought to my attention that the camo I painted on my EX was incorrect……so after doing some research the guy that let me know was 100% correct.  The FS36176, which is the darker of the two colors on MOD Eagle paint schemes, should not have been painted on the ailerons, flaps or rudders, so I corrected the paint and re cleared and started to apply the decals.  That’s it for now, thanks for looking.

Brad 

C9636C79-5F47-4389-A828-F285C5427A52.jpeg

D35077A9-8D6D-446D-8B87-34D1E01A0885.jpeg

6C51D84F-7D18-40A6-8790-E85361185E21.jpeg

Internet is wonky tonight, hope these upload.

EX 04

EX 03

EX 02

EX 01

The guy in the F-15EX Polo said Eglin is getting 6 (more?) EX's, then Portland will start to get theirs.

I'll throw more up later.

Short update on the EX……Caracal decals are on and performed beautifully!  Just a special note…the unit badges and Pilot names and framework around the names were my design and are not part of the Caracal decal sheet!  Another clear cote and dull cote applied to seal the markings.

That’s it for now!

Brad

40BC98A6-6C87-4613-B21C-950034FA0F18.jpeg

8D1FC022-21BF-4244-86A5-F05DC9155C65.jpeg

6F09C173-E6C2-48B2-8EB8-E971A0E5B17E.jpeg

EC26D1ED-3030-49C0-AB9E-33317B6D7EA6.jpeg

E6CEFA72-9535-4843-8B67-4E27D4088ED8.jpeg

4A8F3222-AF0F-4D6D-AC11-C00DCDB672C5.jpeg