Back after a 10 year AMS burnout hiatus from modeling

I have once again gotten the itch to apply a #11 blade to styrene. I brushed the cobwebs off of it and took the Trumpeter 1/32 SBD-5 out of the stash. It really is a terrific kit, though true to form I will do a fair amount of scratch building work in the cockpit, engine and firewall forward. I have since gotten remarried and have moved to Pawleys Island, SC (about 45 minutes south of Myrtle Beach) and have to dig all of my modeling stuff out boxes. Some of it is MIA but I will either find it or replace it. I pulled my ALPS printer out of the storage facility the other day, I hope it still works!

Let the games begin!

SM

1 minute ago, Winnie said:

Well... Archer Fine Details has a complete rivet pattern for ya!

https://www.archertransfers.com/AR88174.html

Cheers

H.

I saw that, $200 for rivets? Not going to happen. I only spent half that for the kit. I thought about drilling out each rivet hole, filling it with a small piece of 0.010" styrene rod, clipping it and sanding it but when I looked at the thousands of rivets I had to do I decided it was not worth it. I know the Dauntless was lap jointed with raised rivets but even with my AMS affliction, even I am not going to go that far. I am 63, I don't know how many years I have left on my parking meter, but I don't want to spend them turning recessed into raised rivets!

19 minutes ago, Winnie said:

Good on ya, I didn't realize it was that much. There is a thread on it somewhere out there by Woody, who made the decals. 

I'd just leave them myself...

I am sure they are great, and he spent a lot of time on them, but they are not for me. 

Archer 1/32 Resin Rivet Panel Skins for SBD Dauntless (for Trumpeter) AR88174 | eBay

Edited by BrailleScaleModelMaster