Temporary Closure. I'm moving

I'm currently packing up the shop and moving in a couple of weeks. :salute:

I'll do my best to get things up and running after the move, but anticipate setting up the new shop may also take a couple of weeks.

I'm hoping to be back in business by September 1st or sooner.

Contact me if you need something before then. I do have a few items in stock and will help if I can.

My apologies for any email replies I may have missed during the past few weeks/months. It's been hectic...

UK orders are still blocked due to their VAT regulations. I'm hoping to find a solution, at least for orders over $180, before re-opening.

EU customers will need to pay VAT and any fees due on delivery. I do not intend to sign up with IOSS.

Customers from any other countries that add taxes or fees will have to pay those taxes and fees on delivery.

I have a hard enough time keeping track of my own taxes and don't need the extra headache... :bandhead2:

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New business license was approved today. :thumbsup:
Temporary shop space is very close to ready. :thumbsup:
Website and store should be updated and ready to open any day now. I'll make a new post when that happens. :thumbsup:

Sorry for my lack of communication, both here and through email.
The move and things since then did not go as smoothly as planed... (Understatement of the year!!!) :bandhead2:

Our plans to purchase a home got delayed and we are currently staying in a spare bedroom at my mother-in-law's house in Carson City, Nevada, with plans to eventually buy  near here.
Our home buyer needed to move in quickly so our final packing (including my shop) was pure chaos. We ended up moving out 2 days late and tossing a bunch of unpacked stuff into the truck at the last minute, as well as leaving a bunch behind.
All of our belongings are scattered between three fully packed 10' X 10' storage units (no 10' X 30' were available, despite having "reserved" one) about 30 minutes from here.
Apparently "Fragile" and "This side up" labels were ignored, though I'm still grateful for the help we received doing the move.
My shop supplies ended up buried here and there between the units. After multiple visits of unloading and reloading, I still haven't found everything I need for the business.
My shop space is about half the minimum size I need to operate efficiently, so orders will likely take a few days longer than previously. Some products may be temporarily unavailable, I'm still determining that.
There wasn't enough room in the shop for a proper workbench, so there won't be anything new for a while, just existing products.
The internet here is painfully slow and my computer has been giving me fits. I think I need to re-install Windows but have been delaying because I haven't found the box with my computer supplies and software.

There is some good news! The extreme heat and choking smoke from the fires is gone! Only to be replaced with freezing temperatures.

I've been out-of-business for over 2 months and I need a vacation... :doh:

Hi Chris,

Nice to hear from you.

Very sorry on your troubles concerning the move.

Moving to a new place is always huge disaster.

I hope you will cope with all this stuff nicely and make a deep plunge into the business again. 🙂

Cheers!

Alexander

p.s.

BTW, I eventually completed my Mig-29. 😉

Edited by Eastern
adding some words
On 10/14/2021 at 1:37 AM, Eastern said:

Nice to hear from you.

BTW, I eventually completed my Mig-29. 😉

Great to hear from you too Alexander. It's been far too long.

That MiG transformation is incredible. It's hard to believe that it was once a finished, painted Revell kit. It has truly earned the name "Franken-MiG".

Beautifully done... :worship:

In other news, THE STORE IS NOW OPEN!!!! 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

I am going to post a new announcement thread for visibility. Please make your replies on that thread to keep it on top (after 2 1/2 months I need the business!).

Looks like I'll need to wait until tomorrow. I need to contact my shipping provider during "regular" business hours to get the website working properly...

Sorry to those who tried ordering today.

I'll start a new thread once the site is up (and tested this time).

11 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Great to hear from you too Alexander. It's been far too long.

That MiG transformation is incredible. It's hard to believe that it was once a finished, painted Revell kit. It has truly earned the name "Franken-MiG".

Beautifully done... :worship:

In other news, THE STORE IS NOW OPEN!!!! 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

I am going to post a new announcement thread for visibility. Please make your replies on that thread to keep it on top (after 2 1/2 months I need the business!).

Hi Chris

Thank you so much for appreciation of my build.

I think the ultimate result worth all those years of my tinkering with it.

8 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Looks like I'll need to wait until tomorrow. I need to contact my shipping provider during "regular" business hours to get the website working properly...

Sorry to those who tried ordering today.

I'll start a new thread once the site is up (and tested this time).

It's great to hear you are back into business.

All those troubles are just a blip. Things will look up, that's for sure!

Cheers!

Alexander

4 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Tech support at Vendor A - You need to contact vendor B.

Vendor B - You need to contact vendor C.

Vendor C - You need to contact vendor A.

:bandhead2:

Maybe tomorrow... :doh:

Bureaucratic football.  🙂

I had no idea such things happened on your side.

15 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Tech support at Vendor A - You need to contact vendor B.

Vendor B - You need to contact vendor C.

Vendor C - You need to contact vendor A.

Vendor A - You need to contact vendor D :doh:

We're back in business baby! :banana:

I even received an order before I could post this!  :woot.gif:

3 hours ago, chrispisme said:

Was that me?

Indeed it was. Thank you! :cheers:

I'll try to have this ready to ship by Thursday.

On 10/17/2021 at 4:18 PM, Zactoman said:

In other news, THE STORE IS NOW OPEN!!!!

🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

New thread here:

:smiley-transport006:

Edited by Zactoman
1 hour ago, Eastern said:

A bureaucratic regular goalkeeper?  LOL

More like the victim of a system that you just cannot change.  The stories I could tell about forced red tape and unnecessary work that higher ups dream up to justify their existence in the system to keep drawing that large salary.  

2 hours ago, Scott Smith said:

More like the victim of a system that you just cannot change.  The stories I could tell about forced red tape and unnecessary work that higher ups dream up to justify their existence in the system to keep drawing that large salary.  

So you are one of those who justify their existence in the system? Or who fed up with the system? 🙂

(Chris, sorry for deviating from your thread path. )

33 minutes ago, Eastern said:

So you are one of those who justify their existence in the system? Or who fed up with the system? 🙂

(Chris, sorry for deviating from your thread path. )

Fed up!  Highly fed up!!  After almost 29 years I'm ready to retire or get fired on purpose.  :coolio:  I've set my retirement date for Feb. 14th, 2022 just so I can keep the peace in my house with the wife and I can say I put in 30 years.  She's a little envious of me staying at home.

I think I pushed it too far with the boss Monday.  He's an executive director and all of the ED's were "up all night on the phone" because the internet crashed on campus.  I was throwing shade at him asking why? What could y'all do anyway?  It's the boots on the ground fixing the problem.  Did anyone offer to take them coffee and donuts at 3 am while they were at their station figuring out the issue?  He was already tired and I don't think he liked my questions.  :taunt:

• 2 weeks later...