F-15 ACTIVE badge

I can get you a highly detailed badge of the same plane with the original Stol/Mtd markings....same plane, same paint job, before it went to Nasa.....it would be great to have that included as well. 

Edited by fasteagle12
2 hours ago, fasteagle12 said:

I can get you a highly detailed badge of the same plane with the original Stol/Mtd markings....same plane, same paint job, before it went to Nasa.....it would be great to have that included as well. 

Already done - I found a good photo of it on Flickr but not for the ACTIVE badge.  I am considering including these as a bonus (the main subject of the sheet remains the NASA F-15s with the standard blue/gold cheatline over white design). I don't think I can include the large red/blue sections on the wings and tail : If you want to build the MTD or ACTIVE you will need to have to paint these yourself. But everything else will be there.

Edited by KursadA

Sounds like one I'll have to pick up.  I only wish someone would come up with a conversion set for both the ACTIVE/ S/MTD versions (with the conversion/ diversion nozzles) . 

image.png

Edited by fasteagle12
1 minute ago, fasteagle12 said:

I only wish someone would come up with a conversion set for both the ACTIVE/ S/MTD versions (with the conversion/ diversion nozzles) . 

Perhaps BAM Models would be interested - it would be a cool conversion to have.

52 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Already done - I found a good photo of it on Flickr but not for the ACTIVE badge.  I am considering including these as a bonus (the main subject of the sheet remains the NASA F-15s with the standard blue/gold cheatline over white design). I don't think I can include the large red/blue sections on the wings and tail : If you want to build the MTD or ACTIVE you will need to have to paint these yourself. But everything else will be there.

Interesting to note that the serial in red has a black shadow applied. Also, when the aircraft has the NASA 837 code applied, the AF serial reduces in size considerably.

Edited by Dutch

For that matter, you could do one whole decal sheet for 71-0290 all by itself.  It began in ASB, then had the Intl Orange wingtips & stabs applied; then the white / dark blue test scheme; then the STOL/MTD & ACTIVE paint in both USAF & NASA service; then it had the all white with wide dark blue side stripe and "Quiet Spike" on the nose.  [Note: Oops! Sorry, that was F-15B AF 74-0141 / NASA 836.] That one airframe has paid for itself several times over!

Edited by Dutch
add detail.

I think 71-290 dropped by at one of the air shows that Kalamazoo had back in the 80's.  At that time it had the white with dark blue markings.  I'll have to drag out my old photos and take a look.  That bird did have as 'ACTIVE' past.

ortho-rectified - notice the mismatched white underlayment at the right edge of the badge

VGAjTZI.jpg

ortho-rectified - notice the fillets added to the leading edge at the tip booms (right tip cropped out)

d8PW0T6.jpg

• 2 months later...

1/48 scale as far as I'm concerned 🙂

Which kit would you guys prefer as basis for the BAM conversion set? I'm leaning toward the Hasegawa F-15DJ kit as it's significantly cheaper than the GWH, more representative of 1980s/1990s Eagles and includes the updated IPs.

Arnaud

Edited by arnobiz