I just finished Tamiya's new F-4B. Without repeating what has already been said about it, I can say that this was the most enjoyable build I've done in a long time due to the quality and engineering. Great job to Tamiya and their designers.

The kit was built using a couple of Cutting Edge ejection seats, TER's from the Hasegawa weapons set, squadron decals from Bulls Eye and stencil decals from AoA. I want to also give credit to both Bulls Eye and AoA. Their decals were both awesome to use.

f-4 1.jpg

f-4 2.jpg

f-4 3.jpg

f-4 4.jpg

f-4 5.jpg

f-4 6.jpg

f-4 7.jpg

f-4 8.jpg

f-4 9.jpg

Edited by Brenhen
3 hours ago, PlasticSmith said:

Yes, really well done. I particularly like the work on the bare metal areas behind the exhaust, as well as the overall finish. What clear coat did you use on the wings and fuselage? 

Misha

Thanks for the comment Misha. For the clear coat I used Alclad lacquer semi matt. I typically have used a flat coat at the end, but didn't have any. I kind of like the semi matt for some planes and will use it again in the future

The model is nice, but the paintjob is awesome. So are the metal areas. I love the super thin lower windscreen lip.

Are the exhaus from the kit, or some resin aftermarket? They look a bit too good to be plastic.

1 hour ago, Thadeus said:

The model is nice, but the paintjob is awesome. So are the metal areas. I love the super thin lower windscreen lip.

Are the exhaus from the kit, or some resin aftermarket? They look a bit too good to be plastic.

Thanks for the comments Thadeus. Actually, the engine exhausts are from the kit. Tamiya did a very nice job of designing a multiple piece exhaust that allows for nice detail on both the interior and exterior sides, all without any noticeable seams to try to clean up.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:24 PM, GreyGhost said:

Beautiful build !  :clap2:

-Gregg

1 hour ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Lovely Phantom! :thumbsup2: The weathered paintjob and the metallic areas are superb.

thank you both for your comments. They are very appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Great job, Brenhen!   Was it blackbasing that you used for weathering?  And mind if I ask what paints these are?

Thank you for your post. Yes, I did do black basing on this model. As for paints, I used AK real colors for the main aircraft colors- light gull gray and insignia white. The metallic areas were mainly AK extreme metals with some Alclad mixed in.