Building a F-4D out of the Academy 12294 1:48 F-4C "Vietnam War"?

This week I received my Academy 12294 1:48 F-4C "Vietnam War" kit that will be build and convert into a Spangdahlem (E)F-4C Weasel.

Besides this F-4C, I'm also planning to build a F-4D and for this I'm looking for an Academy 12300 or 12310 1:48 F-4D kit.

However, these are a bit harder to come by, unlike the Academy F-4C.

While inspecting the content of this kit, I noticed that a lot of additional parts for other versions are included in the box and I'm wondering if it would be possible to build a F-4D from this kit.

It even looks as if a F-4B and F-4J could also be built.

Does anybody know if this is possible and/or has anybody ever built anything other than a F-4C from this kit?

I do realize that the decals will be the wrong ones, but that won't be a problem as I will be using aftermarket decals.

If anybody has one of these in his/her stash and would be willing to sell it, please let me know. 🙂

Thanks for any reply.

71afa1Fe+tL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

10 hours ago, Finn said:

The D would be easy to build from the C kit, here are some instructions for the D :

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/0/5/5/265055-34-instructions.pdf

Jari

Thanks!

Checked these F-4D building instructions with the content of my F-4C kit, and it is indeed possible to build a complete F-4D from it. 🙂

Stopped looking for another F-4D kit and just ordered another one of these that I will build into a F-4D.

Fortunately the F-4C kit comes with a uniform F-4 C/D SEA stencil decal sheet that I can use on my F-4D too.

The only thing missing here are the reflective anti-collision stripes, but fortunately these are on my aftermarket decal sheets.

Academy_12294_F-4C_Stencils.jpg