And More New Eduard stuff...

Hey All,

Unabashed Eduard fan here.  I'm thrilled to say I just last night ordered the new Eduard Eagle's Call combo kit, with 2 Spitfire Mk. V(b and c) planes, and the new fully Eduard version of the Tempest Mk. II, in addition to the Special Hobby Mk. II kit which I recently got, also.  I'm thrilled that Eduard keeps pumping out these planes, not so thrilled at the drain to my bank account.  Still, what's money for except to buy more model stuff?  🙃  From the reviews I've seen about the Mk. V kits, Eduard has done another bang-up job on these Spitfires, and I can't wait to get my hands on them, in new/different liveries!

Edited by Curt B
  • Curt B changed the title to And More New Eduard stuff...
2 minutes ago, Jamie Cheslo said:

I can sense that you are excited. This is very cool indeed!

Absolutely!  Now, the next models I'm waiting on are GWH SU-27B (single seater), the Zoukei Mura F-4E later (with slatted wings), ordering the Meng F/A-18E, and the forthcoming Revell German SR-71.  I know...all jets 🙄

On 8/13/2021 at 12:30 PM, Curt B said:

Hey All,

Unabashed Eduard fan here.  I'm thrilled to say I just last night ordered the new Eduard Eagle's Call combo kit, with 2 Spitfire Mk. V(b and c) planes, and the new fully Eduard version of the Tempest Mk. II, in addition to the Special Hobby Mk. II kit which I recently got, also.  I'm thrilled that Eduard keeps pumping out these planes, not so thrilled at the drain to my bank account.  Still, what's money for except to buy more model stuff?  🙃  From the reviews I've seen about the Mk. V kits, Eduard has done another bang-up job on these Spitfires, and I can't wait to get my hands on them, in new/different liveries!

I also ordered a couple of the Eagle’s Call boxings Curt!   Two of my former F-15E squadrons are represented in that kit (No.71 Eagle Squadron which became the 334th FS and the 307th FS).    So I will definitely be building those at some point.  I’m getting roped into building the Eduard Fw 190D by some other friends at the moment, so that appear like my next build after the P-47M 😂🤷‍♂️

Steve

3 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

I also ordered a couple of the Eagle’s Call boxings Curt!   Two of my former F-15E squadrons are represented in that kit (No.71 Eagle Squadron which became the 334th FS and the 307th FS).    So I will definitely be building those at some point.  I’m getting roped into building the Eduard Fw 190D by some other friends at the moment, so that appear like my next build after the P-47M 😂🤷‍♂️

Steve

Hey Steve, that's really neat!  I need to study up on the relationship between the squadrons and how they evolved, but it is SO COOL that you have a personal connection with those Spitfire Squadrons!  That's pretty fantastic, really!  

Sounds like you're not so thrilled with the Fw190D build, huh?  I actually have really gotten into Fw190s, ALL variants, the D as well.  I know you've seen some of my posted photos of my Fw190D.  I have another one in the stash that I plan to build as a JV44 aircraft with red undersides with narrow white stripes.  The only thing to watch out for are the (separate parts) for the gun compartment hatches near the wing roots.  I have some aftermarket parts that are supposed to fit much better than the Eduard parts, so I can make my JV44 with the hatches closed...I left the ones on my built 190D open, which was cool for one build, but don't want to do it for a second build.  Let me know if you want to know the aftermarket manufacturer for the hatch covers.