Hobby Boss 1/72 A-10A Wheel Fairings

I'm checking in with any experts to see if I'm smoking something.  I'm trying to use the Hobby Boss 1/72 A-10A as a simple quick build to interrupt the AMS cycle.  The attached picture shows the main wheel housing/fairings.  Unless I'm missing something, there's nothing to be added to these.  Nothing notes in the instructions or any apparent extra pieces.

Every picture I've found of the A-10 has a rear portion of the fairing that tapers out over the flaps.  It appears the taper is part of the flaps mechanism, as it seems to extend/hing down in pictures with the flaps down. 

Is the kit just missing a pretty large detail?  Or were there some early A-10's somewhere that didn't have the rear taper? Or some other reason?  I know chaff/flare buckets were added to those fairings later, but every picture I seem to be able to find has something there at least.  And has anyone found a simple solution?  I'm trying to fight AMS, but hate to have such a large missing part.

IMG_0087[132].jpg

Reviewing underside pics of the early / pre-production airframes shows the aft fairing has always been there.  HobbyBooboo missed this on the 1/72 kits just like how they omitted the tail hook on their 1/72 Hornet kits. 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:49 PM, habu2 said:

Reviewing underside pics of the early / pre-production airframes shows the aft fairing has always been there.  HobbyBooboo missed this on the 1/72 kits just like how they omitted the tail hook on their 1/72 Hornet kits. 

that's accurate, everynyan knows they use magnets now instead of hooks

Luigi

On 8/15/2021 at 7:49 PM, habu2 said:

HB did add that on a later date. I was quite surprised when I found one in my F/A-18A/C kit. The first one I bought year ago did not have it.

Regarding detail on the A-10, the Hasegawa or Academy parts should actually fit pretty good. I remember checking some pieces and they looked very similar. Although I have a feeling the Academy pieces are from a prototype. Or the Hasegawa redid theirs.

Thank you all for the replies!  I didn't think I was losing it, but am not an expert on the A-10 and couldn't say for sure they weren't an upgrade after initial production models.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, Milo said:

Hey ESzczesniak, I think I have some spares from a Hasegawa.  PM me with your address and I'll hook you up.

Rich

Thank you for the offer!  I appreciate it and don't want to completely ignore it, I have a couple HB 1/48 A-10's in the closet I was able to use for dimensions.  Made a CAD model pretty quickly and then 3D printed them.  Might not be perfect enough dimensionally for one of my AMS builds, but this gets the look right and that's all the goal of the build is or the moment.