Battle Phrog to the Rescue! Again!

My son sent this to me at 00 dark thirty last night.

000.JPG.3f775dfc533efce3158d9fe356e32288.JPG

001.JPG.119ef2a0fe9eb85de2c31357e976abca.JPG

While the 46 on the left is State Dept Air Wing N38TU (ex 154038) as specified, the 46 on the right looks to be 154030 which crashed in Okinawa during a night flight into NTA in 1980.  Anyway, both were built in 1967, so 54 years is a great accomplishment.  Battle Phrog to the Rescue!  AGAIN!

Edited by Dutch

OT, but I’m glad to see they’re planning to reopen the Carolinas Aviation Museum in 2023. It’s been closed for at least two years. Their restoration of their CH-46 is very good.  @Tank, you helped with that restoration, didn’t you? Or did I imagine it?

1 hour ago, Ben Brown said:

OT, but I’m glad to see they’re planning to reopen the Carolinas Aviation Museum in 2023. It’s been closed for at least two years. Their restoration of their CH-46 is very good.  @Tank, you helped with that restoration, didn’t you? Or did I imagine it?

You are correct. I did help early on and Randy Smith a long ago member here helped me to help them. Good hear it’s opening back up, been years since I have been to the museum. 

On 8/18/2021 at 6:29 AM, barkin mad said:

I've heard it's to be abandoned and destroyed when they have finished the job. May already have happened.

--------------

They really didn’t have much use, from what I read, their only mission was to run personnel from Kabul or Bagram to the US Embassy, to avoid traveling by road.  I’m just hoping that will be the extent of US owned aircraft left behind.  I have no idea how the US is going to have time to pack up all the helos it has at the airport and get them out, especially after the horrific events of today.   It’s not like Bagram where at least we had the ANA to provide some very basic level of protection for the last few flights out.