Best path to a F-16C Block 52 in 1/72?

If you’re set on a block 52, I think you’ll have to go Revell or Hasegawa to get the NSI intake and matching exhaust.  I think the consensus is Revell has the edge, but they’re both similar. I don’t think any of the Revell kits have the HTS. 

However if you’re just looking for a wild weasel with an HTS, Tamiya would be the way to go. It’ll have the large mouth intake. And I think it is post-CCIP so, so it’ll have the bird slicers. Those should be easy to sand off though. It’s a block 50 bird. 

3 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

If you’re set on a block 52, I think you’ll have to go Revell or Hasegawa to get the NSI intake and matching exhaust.  I think the consensus is Revell has the edge, but they’re both similar. I don’t think any of the Revell kits have the HTS. 

However if you’re just looking for a wild weasel with an HTS, Tamiya would be the way to go. It’ll have the large mouth intake. And I think it is post-CCIP so, so it’ll have the bird slicers. Those should be easy to sand off though. It’s a block 50 bird. 

Tamiya kit has the parts to do a non CCIP bird as well.

Can't understand why Tamiya hasn't followed up their gorgeous 1/72 Block 50 with a Block 52. Seemed to have worked well enough for them in 1/48.

It's like they're actively avoiding to take our money. 

20 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

Now I’m curious to take a closer look at the parts breakdown of Tamiya and see if a P&W engine & NSI intake from Hasegawa or another kit could be substituted. 

Chris

Didn’t look at the exhaust much, but looked at the intake when I was getting ready to build a WA aggressor bird. Just from looking at the instructions for the Hasegawa and Revell, it didn’t look terribly straightforward to patch on to the Tamiya kit. 

The best option would be the Revell one. Some boxings contain both intakes eg. the very first Block 50/52 with SP decals.

On the other hand the dimensions of both Tamiya and Revell are almost spot on on the fuselage. The front fuselage part of Revell is almost a drop in part to the Tamiya upper main fuselage part should you want to build a two seater. You just need to add some surface detail and adjust the joint of the LERX lower section. Or You can cut the fuselage on the Tamiya and use the canopy of Revell.

Unfortunately the rest ie. intake is not as easy as that addition since the break down of the parts are different in that area.

The dimensions of Hasegawa do not pair neither of Tamiya or Revell. The intake is also not a drop in fit.

Revell all the way, best option is the C model also boxed by Monogram (actually easier to find).

The only shorcoming is going to be the lack of buged main gear doors.

The question however is what Block 52 you want to build, USA, Greece, Iraq....