LF: Pete's hangar 1/48 F-111B conversion set

title says it all. I'm gonna do a shelf of every F-111 variant, and the B conversion will obviously be the hardest to do, so I'm starting early. Anyone have one they can let go, or at least loan me long enough to take measurements?

1 hour ago, Charlie D. said:

Check out Aeroworks on Facebook, he might have some. He had the remaining Pete’s hanger stock. I got one from him about a year ago (no decals though).

I haven't been on facebook in 2 years now 😕 Don't suppose anyone wants to shoot my email address to him? (jhousdan at hotmail dot com)

3 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

title says it all. I'm gonna do a shelf of every F-111 variant, and the B conversion will obviously be the hardest to do, so I'm starting early. Anyone have one they can let go, or at least loan me long enough to take measurements?

My guess is that your modeling skills are up to the changes to make one of the F-111B variations depending on what 1/48 kit that you start with. Pete’s conversion wasn’t all that great with respect to the accuracy of some of the parts or the decals for that matter. For most of the information you need, see https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2009/10/grumman-f-111b.html. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions.

55 minutes ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

My guess is that your modeling skills are up to the changes to make one of the F-111B variations depending on what 1/48 kit that you start with. Pete’s conversion wasn’t all that great with respect to the accuracy of some of the parts or the decals for that matter. For most of the information you need, see https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2009/10/grumman-f-111b.html. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions.

I've got the article bookmarked already 🙂 fantastic resource and much appreciated! I've got the means to draw my own decals, do that's not a huge concern either.

I've got some idea of what I'm in for, I just know the Pete's Hangar kit would be a better starting point than nothing at all!

Edited by Skull Leader