Who does very small batch 3D printing?

Unfortunately I live in stickville, and dont know of anyone that knows what 3D printing is, let alone does it. I am sure someone does, but I dont know of anyone and we dont have a commercial vendor of that nature that I am aware of.

22 hours ago, MoFo said:

What are you looking to print?  Do you have a file? 

No, I dont have a file, but I have a master of the part I want molded. Its a part for an F-18 Hornet.

22 hours ago, Rob de Bie said:

You're close to Terra Haute, right? I found two local 3D printers there:

https://3dprintedcustoms.com/

https://www.makexyz.com/printer/lalder1

There are probably many more in Indianapolis. That is, if you want it done close by.

Rob

I guess I can reach out to them and see what they can do. I dont have a data file, just a master piece. I figure it would be easier to print this than to resin cast it.

Thank you for the heads up!

24 minutes ago, Spook498 said:

I guess I can reach out to them and see what they can do. I dont have a data file, just a master piece. I figure it would be easier to print this than to resin cast it.

Thank you for the heads up!

If you don't have a 3D file, 3D printing will be a very expensive route. They would have to scan the master part, draw a 3D CAD model though the point cloud from the scan, and then do the 3D printing. If I were you I would stick to the 'old' route: cast a silicone rubber mold and casting resin. It will save you a ton of frustrations.

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie
1 hour ago, Spook498 said:

No, I dont have a file, but I have a master of the part I want molded. Its a part for an F-18 Hornet.

I was going to offer to print it for you, but as it's already been mentioned, a 3D print cannot be made from a traditional master. The part would have to be created in a CAD program, then saved as an .stl file to be 3D printed. What is the part?