Hello all,

Two years ago, I found out PS decals are impossible to work with (curled up into a ball) and many people had reported the problem as well. I would like to know if PS has improved and uses more resilient decal medium. I am thinking about ordering the 1/48 P38H set. Thanks Dai 

I wonder if they are like Draw Decals. I had that problem with Draw Decals until now, I read the instructions, soak for 5 seconds then immediately remove from water and let sit 30 seconds. Also they say to use Microsol UNDER the decals to move them around and adjust. IT WORKS! I just tried them today after many years of refusing to buying them. Maybe Print Scale are similar? They have lots of subjects I want to try but have been scared off by the fact so many have had them curl up. Just my 2 cents. jon

45 minutes ago, jonwinn said:

I wonder if they are like Draw Decals. I had that problem with Draw Decals until now, I read the instructions, soak for 5 seconds then immediately remove from water and let sit 30 seconds. Also they say to use Microsol UNDER the decals to move them around and adjust. IT WORKS! I just tried them today after many years of refusing to buying them. Maybe Print Scale are similar? They have lots of subjects I want to try but have been scared off by the fact so many have had them curl up. Just my 2 cents. jon

Yes PS has great releases but what is the point if they are worthless? Dai 

I've used PS several times for lack of alternatives.  YES they are INCREDIBLY thin, but with practice, I found them very useable. 

I learned fast that the first thing to do when ready to use them, is to start out with some of the decals from the same sheet that you will not use.  After a few of those start in on the smaller decals to use on your subject.  Absolutely do not just start out with the biggest, best and most noticeable decal for your build as the first thing you use off the sheet, as it will likely end in disaster.  But practice with a few first, and then advance to the ones you'll actually use.

Just my $.02 based on my experience. :cheers:

I used their decals, they are a bit delicate but if you are gentle with them, there are no issues.  They are also very thin and adhere nicely.   For a few large decals, I cut them into smaller, more manageable sections, that was the only extra work I put into them.   Certainly not “worthless”.   

• 2 weeks later...

I've used a few sets in 1/72 (A-10, F/A-18, F-4, F-15 perhaps some other I forgot). Can't say they go down better or worse than average aftermarket decal sets. They are quite often very thin, adhere nicelly, react to micro set and sol. There are some really nice scheme choices.

What I do find is one really needs to check the schemes. Often the paint scheme is wrong. Of course that should be done anytime.

Sometimes there are missprints. My favourite was the F/A-18 sheet with VFA-147. It was missing one set of modex numbers and the carrier name was misprinted as John C. Stehng. Oh I'd love that set in 1/48. On the other side, the flag on the nose went on great. And I was quite afraid of putting it on.

With all that, when they put out a new set of interesting subject, I buy it.

But to answer the question, I feel they are the same today as they were in 2014, technically wise.