1/350 USS Texas

Just realized I never started a topic for this build. I'll add some more pics whenever I get a chance if anyone is interested, but in the meantime. Here is a pic showing some figures I modeled up in 3d CAD and printed out to populate the decks. I think they came out fairly decent. There are better 3D printed ones available for sale, but I think these do ok and look better than photoetch figures. More to come soon I hope.

20210831_215303.jpg

On 9/3/2021 at 4:47 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Pre- or post-WWII?

Doing it pretty much how it comes in the box. So I BELIEVE that's late war, post D-day perhaps? I'm by far not an expert on the ship. I am going to add the floater net baskets, just trying to figure the best way to do them. Not sure I care for the kit PE ones. Could be that I SUCK at photoetch construction. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 8:54 AM, niart17 said:

Doing it pretty much how it comes in the box. So I BELIEVE that's late war, post D-day perhaps? I'm by far not an expert on the ship. I am going to add the floater net baskets, just trying to figure the best way to do them. Not sure I care for the kit PE ones. Could be that I SUCK at photoetch construction. 

Your photoetch railings and ladders look spot on.   In fact the whole build looks really nice.   Is this the Trumpeter kit?

On 9/28/2021 at 8:21 PM, Drifterdon said:

Your photoetch railings and ladders look spot on.   In fact the whole build looks really nice.   Is this the Trumpeter kit?

Hi Don. Thanks. Yes this is the Trumpeter kit. It's really a nice kit. A great value for what all you get. Loaded with pretty decent photoetch.