polishing with a Dremel

8 hours ago, Dog1 said:

Is it risky to polish post clear coat over decals with a Dremel using the felt or cloth type wheels ?  and will it shine more than polishing with wax?

I've had great results with rag wheels, but I would be cautious with the hard felt wheels.  These will be easy to sand through paint and even in to plastic.  The "cotton" wheels are more similar to the felt in my mind. 

I would use fairly low speeds, 5-10k RPM.  And the other caution point is to have the wheel spinning away from the edges so it doesn't catch and fling the part somewhere.

Polishing vs wax depends on how perfect your clear coat is.  On 2k clear gloss car finishes, I haven't found polishing to add much.  But these are absolutely glass smooth.  On simpler glosses with even some small texture, polishing will be far superior to wax. 

My concern is the decals , so gently does it with rag wheels .What does 2K clear gloss car finish mean ? I am using Mr Color clear spray can for finishes . Have'nt been happy using airbrush maybe due to wrong percentage of diluent .

36 minutes ago, Dog1 said:

My concern is the decals , so gently does it with rag wheels .What does 2K clear gloss car finish mean ? I am using Mr Color clear spray can for finishes . Have'nt been happy using airbrush maybe due to wrong percentage of diluent .

The 2k is a two part polyurethane used by a lot of car guys. Similar to epoxy glue, it’s mixed in two parts starting a chemical reaction. So it hardens by a chemical reaction, no a solvent evaporating. They have excellent leveling properties and dry very hard. So they’re great for high gloss car finishes.