Saw my first Osprey today.

I used to live next to the Bell flight test center in Arlington Texas, V-22s were a common sight back then.  Got to see the XV-15s fly a lot too.  I was there when they rolled the first V-22 fuselage out of the front of a C-5 (Boeing built the fuselage, Bell built the wing & engine nacelles), first flight of the V-22 and, sadly, the first accident.   Hard to believe that was ~40 years ago....

Yeah, they are cool to see, although I have to admit that I am a little jaded at this point.  I live just a few miles from Miramar, and where I work is on their flight path to the ocean, so on average, I probably see 2-10 MV-22s every day.

I also see several MH-53s, Legacy Hornets, and I'm starting to see more F-35s, too, which is cool.  From time to time I also see F-5 Aggressors and even, on occasion, an Air Force plane or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 6:50 PM, Ken Cartwright said:

Yeah, they are cool to see, although I have to admit that I am a little jaded at this point.  I live just a few miles from Miramar, and where I work is on their flight path to the ocean, so on average, I probably see 2-10 MV-22s every day.

I also see several MH-53s, Legacy Hornets, and I'm starting to see more F-35s, too, which is cool.  From time to time I also see F-5 Aggressors and even, on occasion, an Air Force plane or two.

I used to live in old town..right on the path apparently..window rattlers for sure

On 9/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, habu2 said:

I used to live next to the Bell flight test center in Arlington Texas, V-22s were a common sight back then.  Got to see the XV-15s fly a lot too.  I was there when they rolled the first V-22 fuselage out of the front of a C-5 (Boeing built the fuselage, Bell built the wing & engine nacelles), first flight of the V-22 and, sadly, the first accident.   Hard to believe that was ~40 years ago....

I did training at  Bell in Arlington with the RCAF, our instructor took us on a tour of the first Ospreys on the production line, the XV-15 prototype was tucked away in the building too.