Accurate Miniatures Allison Mustang canopy mask

I have five A/M Mustangs  to be assembled, P-51, P-51A, A-36, F6-A, F6-B.  When searching out canopy masks, I don't guess I need to obtain a mask particular to each individual type.  I suspect Accurate Miniatures used the same canopy mold for all of these variations, allowing me to buy five of any mask that fits any one of these variations.

Make sense, or have I missed something?

Thanks!

Pretty sure that's correct. I've got the P-51 boxing. It provides the Malcolm hood, which I believe is only called for on the Mustang Mk. Ia boxing, so it's almost certain the same clear sprue was used for all the boxings. It's a shame they never provided parts for an open canopy.

21 hours ago, seawinder said:

Pretty sure that's correct. I've got the P-51 boxing. It provides the Malcolm hood, which I believe is only called for on the Mustang Mk. Ia boxing, so it's almost certain the same clear sprue was used for all the boxings. It's a shame they never provided parts for an open canopy.

The Mustang 1a was the cannon armed Allison engined variant in RAF service, afaik, it never got Malcom hoods, I think only the Mk III, (P-51b/c) was sometimes fitted with it.

------------

4 hours ago, barkin mad said:

The Mustang 1a was the cannon armed Allison engined variant in RAF service, afaik, it never got Malcom hoods, I think only the Mk III, (P-51b/c) was sometimes fitted with it.

------------

Yes, that's true from what I've read. However, the question was about the clear parts AM provided in their various Mustang kits: apparently they were all the same since they all included the Malcolm hood as an option, and AM (mistakenly?) showed it in the box art for the Mk. Ia boxing.