Russian ordnance in 1/48 scale

Hi all,

I have the KH 1/48 Su-34 and am looking for 12 FAb-250-M54s or RBK-500-255s to fit under the MBD3-U6 MERs under the intakes.

I don't however much feel like paying the silly money Res-Kit is asking.

Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks all,

Marc.

Thanks Niels,

I could then only use a fraction and it would wind up more expensive the Reskit. 

It would be good if people could / would swap more - I'd be happy to do so but I suspect everybody wants pretty much the same stuff.

Marc.

On 9/7/2021 at 12:37 PM, serendip said:

Hi all,

I have the KH 1/48 Su-34 and am looking for 12 FAb-250-M54s or RBK-500-255s to fit under the MBD3-U6 MERs under the intakes.

I don't however much feel like paying the silly money Res-Kit is asking.

Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks all,

Marc.

Use google translator:

1. http://www.amigomodels.ru/product/amc48048/

2. http://www.amigomodels.ru/product/amc48024-1/

Or, if these bombs are in the kit, I can send them to you, just need parts numbers.

Edited by Helmsman

Thanks Helmsman for your tip regarding Amigo - great guys - payment was tricky but they were very helpful so all worked out.

Very sharp prices also - so I'm saving the pennies and getting the plastic (or resin). What a lucky fellow I am. 

Thanks also for your kind offer regarding your spares.

Marc.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, serendip said:

Still working on the ordnance and can't figure out from the instructions which pylon to use for a centreline KAB 1500 and which pylons for the KH-35 on stations 5 and 10.

All help much appreciated.

I think for centreline KAB 1500, it still uses BD4-USKM-1 pylon regardless of where it is mounted to.  One of the photos at http://www.amigomodels.ru/product/amc72071/# showed this configuration.

Not sure about Kh-35, but in general, the pylon for Russian ordnance is independent of which station it is mounted to. There is a separate adapter that is specific to mounting stations.

Thank you Gents,

Both the BD4-USKM-1 and AKU-58 pylons are included in the KH kit, no mention of them in the instructions however which is / was typical of KH.

Wonderful kit if you are ready for KH's merry wierdness.

Thanks again for helping out!

@Matt, Amigo is a lifesaver, got my KAB 250s there as Helmsman also suggested,

Marc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 8:09 AM, serendip said:

One more question.

Does anyone know if the KH-58ME missile would be carried (by the SU-34) with the fin tips in the stowed position or is that just for transport?

Thanks again!

Marc.

Anyone in the know?

Thanks,

On 11/4/2021 at 1:38 PM, serendip said:

Thanks all for the feedback,

But then why would Kitty Hawk include a missile variant that is only used on a jet they do not even have in their range?

Or is this just a Kitty Hawk thing?

This is one of the many Kitty Hawk mysteries.

On 11/4/2021 at 12:38 PM, serendip said:

Thanks all for the feedback,

But then why would Kitty Hawk include a missile variant that is only used on a jet they do not even have in their range?

Or is this just a Kitty Hawk thing?

It's a KH thing. They just threw in their whole bunch of weapon sprues regardless of if they can be used/cleared on the aircraft or not and copy/paste the same weapons instructions for every russian plane kit. Their Yak-130 kit has the Kh-58ME missiles thrown in the box and on the instructions together with R-27, R-60, Kh-29, Kh-31, KAB-1500 and so on. 🙄

Edited by Inquisitor

It is a manufacturing issue. It is likely cheaper to have a standard weapons sprue that you can reproduce for each applicable kit rather than several sprues with jet specific weapons. Cuts down on the cost of manufacturing several molds which is the cost driver. 

Just leave of what you don't want or need is the philosophy. 

If you compare to ie Meng, who has one sprue per weapon, you have a completely different weapons philosophy. Which is most cost efficient - can't say.  

• 1 month later...

Another question for those far more knowledgeable than me.

I'm also attaching the Kab 1500 KL to the centreline pylon of my KH Su-34. Does anyone know which pylons and / or parts numbers I need to do this? On pictures I believe a pylon and a pylon extension (if that's the term) are required.

I'm pretty sure the parts are on the sprues somewhere but the KH instructions to put it nicely are somewhat of a challenge.

Thanks,

Marc.

17 hours ago, serendip said:

Another question for those far more knowledgeable than me.

I'm also attaching the Kab 1500 KL to the centreline pylon of my KH Su-34. Does anyone know which pylons and / or parts numbers I need to do this? On pictures I believe a pylon and a pylon extension (if that's the term) are required.

I'm pretty sure the parts are on the sprues somewhere but the KH instructions to put it nicely are somewhat of a challenge.

Thanks,

Marc.

BraggPeak, apologies, you kind of answered this one earlier. I was wondering however if there was an intermediate pylon also fitted but rechecking your photo's that doesn't seem to be the case.

This (excellent) build threw me regarding that:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235063864-148-su-34-fullback-frontline-bomber/&tab=comments#comment-3505365

Marc.