ooh Aigore...

MY mouth is drooling with the thought of you starting the HUMONGOUS  Viggen

:thumbsup2:

Commission  builds are SUPERB.

:worship:

Thanks Holmes 😄

soooon ...

4 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

I just saw this thread.  What an amazing and unique kit.  And the price is staggering.  Interested in seeing especially how the 3D-printed parts turn out. Following along : )

To tell the truth, the price tag could have been far worse.....comparable to what Tamiya takes for an injection molded kit in 1/32nd scale that you still buy aftermarket for 🙂 $220 including freight is alright, sure I sold one of my kids to science but that's not the point 😛

I know you have waited for it patiently while finished my backlog but now it´s time, my first build post!

I haven´t opened the box since I took the inbox pictures, was afraid I couldn´t resist the temptation 😛
Now the lid is popped for good and I started on the ejection seat as per the instruction.

No sprues but resin boxes containing 3D printed parts...feels odd and with trepadation I lifted out the relevant boxes.

IMG_4786.JPG

Ok, the parts look the part but how do I remove them without ruining anything?

IMG_4787.JPG

I snipped the print supports very carefully with my cutter and I I felt like I was disarming a bomb!
When you cut off a support pretty often there is a ping as the support just shoots off...as did smaller parts when I cut them off the block.
There are tension in the supports and a cutter isn´t really ideal for cutting the parts off...think I´ll try my decals scissors the next time.

so this is what you are dealing with when you start...tension plus very fragile parts...that shoots off 😛

Any way I managed to gather the parts for the bang seat.

IMG_4788.JPG

Another issue is that there are layers on the parts and they have to be cleaned somehow...I started with sanding carefully.

IMG_4789.JPG

I found that scarping is the way forwards, it´s quicker and you have more control over what is removed.

IMG_4790.JPG

Oh this is nasty, not easy to scrape without loosing a nut or two 😛

IMG_4791.JPG

But with careful scraping with a knife or a scraper tool it is manageable.

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4793.JPG

Gosh, look at the details!

IMG_4794.JPG

Did I loose a part? yeah, of course! one of these little buggers shot off into eternity...guess I´ll have to scratch a replacement.

IMG_4796.JPG

I put the bang seat together as n ot to lose more parts 😛 Looks neat tho 😄

IMG_4800.JPG

The seat and seat parts ready for primer and paint.

IMG_4803.JPG

Well that´s it for this time! The build has officially started!

Cheers!

45 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

Look at that harness -- pretty amazing to think someone was doing that in 3D.  Whoever designed it is a madman.   : )

Indeed, there are some crazy details here!

1 hour ago, HOLMES said:

OMG.... Here you GO Janne.

:banana:  :banana:

Goodness ME  those are some seriously Delectable   detailed  delightful Details  on there !!

Thanks Holmes 😄

On with the seat...

I primed the parts in Alclad gray primer.

IMG_4804.JPG

And the shot white aluminium over the seat frame

IMG_4805.JPG

Love the harness, painted in light ghost gray and XF-11 JN Green

IMG_4810.JPG

With that I put the seat together....I like what I see :D

I painted the parapack in the seat with dark green FS34079, the seat cover in XF-61 Dark green, the seat cushion headrest and anklepads are painted in XF-70 IJN Dark Green, the top headrest cushion is in RLM 25 Bright green (the cushions are a variation of the two depending on wear and when they were changed) and finally the seat parapack is in XF-62 Olive drab..

I washed it all in citadell Nulnoil and then drybrushed with flesh and light gray.

Now only decals are left...so I´ll seal it all in a gloss coat and put on decals and final touches before Iflat coat it.

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

Cheers!

Time to put the seat to rest!

I added the decals... lovely things that conformed  perfectly and they are thin.

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

And then I carved the lost ejection handle, yes I know it doesn´t look perfect but nor does it have to....no point detailing something that noone will see, I choose my battles.

IMG_4821.JPG

And the finished bang seat with it´s saftey handle in place as well .....now I just have to put it somewhere for saftey  where I won´t destroy it until installment in the cockpit!

IMG_4822.JPG

IMG_4823.JPG

IMG_4825.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

There.. on to new goals!

Cheers!