SR-71 and other reprints

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 1/48 scale SR-71 sheets (CD48100 & CD48101) are being reprinted, and should be available by the time the Revell kit is widely available. 

I am also reprinting the first Vietnam F-100 sheet (CD48064), the Vietnam F-104 sheet (CD48102), and the U-2R/S sheet (CD48126).  

1 hour ago, kozlok said:

The F-104 sheet has an "add to cart" button, but the SR-71 sheets don't yet.  I'd love to pre-order both now!

Even if the button is still enabled by mistake ( thanks for the heads-up : I will disable the add button for the 104 soon 🙂  ), please do not  preorder anything until the items are ready - as we recently saw once again with the loss of hundreds of FJ-3 sheets in transit, too many things can go wrong before the decals are ready for sale. 

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 6:32 PM, habu2 said:

Are they exact reprints or will there be any changes?

Also will there be a way to differentiate between the original and reprinted sheets?  Possibly an R suffix on the reprints?

There are only a couple of subtle changes and product improvement. I did not change the design to change the lengths of the walkway stripes, window outlines and a couple of other things to fit the Revell kit: I think a lot of people still have the older Monogram kit and I always try to design in an extra 5% length for these kind of stripes (reading the occasional weird "the stripes were too long" (WTF?)  comments online are much more fun than receiving emails complaining that the stripes were not long enough). I think the original design will work just fine. Worst case, a few elements may not fit but you have a brand new kit with stencilling - older Monogram kits many times don't have viable decals.

There were a couple other (mostly Cartograf-caused) issues in the printing of the older sheets that required small inserts to be shipped - I revised the design of CD48101 and CD48100-3 to eliminate the need for these inserts.

Apart from these the decals and instructions will be identical. The revised CD48101 will have a small "REV 2.0 - 2021" marking at the bottom corner.

Edited by KursadA