flybudget33 - MIA

Hey guys, 

Wanted to get the word out there because things ain`t adding up and as of today i am calling this seller a big fraud. I bought three magazines from this ebay seller in ITALY.

A relatively big seller with almost 2000 active listings (flybudget33) The parcel according to him was shipped out on july 24th and he attached a picture of the shipment. First and foremost there is no postage paid shown on the parcel and no official documents attached to help describe the contents to get it through customs etc. Sort of surprising for an international shipment. I have done business with this guy in the past once and i remember not being happy at all with his communication. At that time his ebay account name was "simplybird70" Recently i contacted the man asking him to show me the receipt of the postage paid but he could not provide me with this. He did attach a picture of the other parcel he shipped out that day which of course is of no relevance to this matter. Here`s what he had to say.

hELLO,

have the photo of the package (MADE ON THE BALANCE OF THE POST OFFICE ON JULY 24, 700 gr) AND I HAVE ALREADY SENT IT TO YOU.
THAT DAY I ONLY MADE ANOTHER SHIPMENT FOR THE USA (I ATTACH THE PHOTOS) BECAUSE I SAVE THEM ON THE PC WITH THE DATE.

Image preview

It`s been like 6 weeks now and still nothing. I paid the man €51 via PP friends&family so yet another chink in the old armour. Anyone else here had a negative experience with this seller i would be interested in hearing about it and please do feel free to share it with the community. He has a 100% feedback score on his current ebay account. Here`s the start

of the communication between us.

Hi Bjorn,

thank you very much for writing to me. I sell my father's collection also and above all off Ebay. From the prices you see on Ebay you have to discount 10% and for shipping (only using the Paypal formula "send money to a trusted person") I can use International Postamail of the Italian Post Office, by far the cheapest shipping system from Italy.
I am attaching the link (https://www.poste.it/prodotti/postamail-internazionale.html) so you can find the exact cost based on weight (maximum 2 kg per shipment).
Whatever you are interested in, I immediately remove it from Ebay and in the declaration of the value I indicate what you want regardless of the real value to avoid customs stops AND IMPORT TAXES. thank you very much for writing to me.

Regards

Grace Pizzirani

Small update as of march 2022. Still no shipment so calling this guy a big bluff. Maybe i should send him a christmas card in return? Never heard back from this guy...

Edited by breadneck
  • 4 months later...
21 hours ago, Da SWO said:

Can you notify ebay?

Actually while on that listing i tried to click the "report item" but none of the "tick boxes" worked. They were all faded as not in use. HUMBUG !!!

In the Report Category and "select from a list of report categories" when i clicked that, there is just an empty bar appearing under it and if you

can not select anything in the above bar, the below bars will just stay inactive so no way to report this item. Proof ebay is just one giant fraud?

Grazie Pizzi.PNG

21 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Worked for me in Chrome. I suggest to try another browser.

What if i told you i too use Google Chrome. Reporting the item Does Not Work for me, plain and simple.

6 hours ago, Helmsman said:

All I can say is try another browser. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I doubt that eBay disabled item reporting for you specifically.

I tried it on my mobile phone which for sure has a different browser and now the Report Category bar gets an orange outline/frame and there is still no dropdown menu to choose from. I would very much like to see a screendump from your computer where the dropdown menu works and what options there are so i won`t have to go around feeling paranoid all the freggin time. 

Here is the screenshot. Opitons is a tricky thing as I have a bank account which I can't open in Chrome with the same config as eBay and have to use Firefox to access it.

Next steps would be clearing cookies and even resetting browser settings  to default. Also you can try eBay app on your phone which worked on my Android. And still, try FireFox, Edge or Opera.

eBay.jpg.d1d66685c80a60aee90cfda6e9d50dd5.jpg

If you sent someone a payment outside of eBay, and used the friends and family option, I highly doubt eBay is going to pull the current item listing.  You don’t have a previous auction listing to reference, and your payment isn’t tied to a specific item that was sold through eBay.  I’d have just bought the items through the eBay store and not worried about saving 10%, then you’d have the eBay buyer protection to fall back on.

On 7/18/2022 at 3:26 AM, lockheed2004 said:

If you sent someone a payment outside of eBay, and used the friends and family option, I highly doubt eBay is going to pull the current item listing.  You don’t have a previous auction listing to reference, and your payment isn’t tied to a specific item that was sold through eBay.  I’d have just bought the items through the eBay store and not worried about saving 10%, then you’d have the eBay buyer protection to fall back on.

I believe you are missing the main point here. My reason for reporting this item is because it was involved in fraudulent activity and hence the spotlight should be focused on the italian ebay seller. Whether or not ebay pulls this listing is irrelevant. As long as ebay is informed this seller is being "red flagged" by users, this is pretty much what it boils down to.  I think most of us if not all at some point have sent money via friends & family when buying stuff but this is merely a digression. 

Edited by breadneck
13 hours ago, breadneck said:

I believe you are missing the main point here. My reason for reporting this item is because it was involved in fraudulent activity and hence the spotlight should be centered on the italian ebay seller. Whether or not ebay pulls this listing is irrelevant. As long as ebay is informed this seller is being "red flagged" by users, this is pretty much what it boils down to.  I think most of us if not all at some point have sent money via friends & family when buying stuff but this is merely a digression. 

And that was my point, you have no reference that says the item was involved in fraudulent activity.  Where's the proof it was previously sold?  You have none, because you paid outside of ebay and opted for F&F.  From ebay's perspective, they have zero reason to believe the guy is reselling anything, and who's to say he doesn't have a stack of these in a closet?  It's a magazine, not a high powered rifle (for example).