Barksdale A-10 in Combat - Photo Source?

I've long loved the A-10, but am only now starting to build one.  I'm starting the 1/48 Hobby Boss with a load of extras...Aires pit and wheels, GT intakes, etc.  I've been partial to the particular "Hog Mouth" of the Barksdale A-10's.  I also typically build combat birds.  So from what I've read, the only time Barksdale deployed was 93-96 in Bosnia.  Would anyone be able to point me to a good picture source for reference?  I'm looking for reference for paint schemes, weapons loads, weathering, etc.  All the Barksdale photos I feel like I'm finding are more recent photos of them stateside.

Eventually I'll be doing an A-10A in the IN ANG 50th anniversary D-day scheme and an A-10C with the phase hanger conversion.  But this one is first up.

Wow, even “more recent” pics of Barksdale A-10s are going to be almost 9 years old…last of those jets departed in 2013.  So really, you’ve got quite the research project on your hands.  

You might try searching the DVIDS database.

11 minutes ago, Waco said:

Wow, even “more recent” pics of Barksdale A-10s are going to be almost 9 years old…last of those jets departed in 2013.  So really, you’ve got quite the research project on your hands.  

You might try searching the DVIDS database.

Yes, it seems like almost every hit I find through Google is “Barksdale Says Farewell to the A-10”…in 2014. Their nose is pretty distinctive, so fairly easily identified in photographs. But even in a generic Google images search for “A-10”, everything seems to be a TGP and two Mavericks with the blue stripes. 

10 hours ago, Guard Hog said:

During Desert Storm, the 706th Fighter Squadron (AFRC out of New Orleans) borrowed one of Barksdale's A-10's; I believe the tail number was 78-0582.  So, an option exists to build a green Barksdale Hog with lots of ordnance options.

78-0582 of 46 TFTS is on Speed Hunter Graphics sheet 48012 for the Desert Storm deployment.

Heavenly Hogs, Part I: Hogs in Reserve — Reid Air Publications (reidairpublishing.com)

Chris

That is an interesting bit of information and I might like that idea.  I had a gray bird pictured in my head, but do like the euro camo pattern too. 

I already have the Heavenly Hogs sheet that I will be using for the IN ANG bird.  But could maybe use it for both.