1/48 Hasegawa F-18C VFA-113

Finally finished with this Stinger! This squadron always brings back memories of my childhood bedroom; one of the many posters I had was a pair of Stingers F/A-18A. I also remember building this little jet and brush painting it in Humbrol 127 and 128!

F0SCrfw.jpg

[I took the above image from: http://blackfire.ca/2018/10/21/hasegawa-1-72-f-18a-part-1/]

My desire to build the 1/48 Hasegawa kit started a few years ago, when I found the Fightertown Decal 48070 which had the markings for a line jet, just the way I had built as a kid. Anyway. I really enjoyed this one and would still prefer 1/48 Hasegawa over Kinetic. I'll not say much else about the kit or the build, as I posted a lengthy work in progress thread here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/315184-148-hasegawa-f-18c-vfa-113/

Also, many thanks to all the help I got here and on FB:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/294737-vfa-113-2014-from-hasegawa-f-18c/

Final pics below. As always, open to all critiques:

ykFtPdx.jpg

Wpfej38.jpg

iDwO92G.jpg

0l70RYT.jpg

WwDeHld.jpg

jtNoaYH.jpg

hjWd0U3.jpg

Edited by Janissary
5 hours ago, dustiepal said:

All I can say is WOW! great build, I will use it for inspiration as I build my Academy F/A-18C Hornet.

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

Love it.   Amazing display, your weathering looks spot-on.  

Thank you both, much appreciated!

On 9/13/2021 at 1:26 PM, speedlimit said:

Janissary,

Another nicely build model. Always a pleasure looking at your projects.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:11 PM, lgl007 said:

Truly spectacular!  One of the best weathering jobs I've ever seen.  A true masterpiece... Gratz!

-Greg

Thank you very much!

My goodness, some great modeling going on.  Phenomenal weathering, attention to detail  

Edited by AD-4N
On 9/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, AD-4N said:

My goodness, some great modeling going on.  Phenomenal weathering, attention to detail  

Thank you! Still a few things that need to be improved, but overall I'm glad I now have this Stinger sitting in my display cabinet. 

Ha, what a story. I love a nostalgia trip. I've one VFA-113 jet planned in 1/72. The same markings were in early Italeri F/A-18A/C Hornet boxing. Somehow they stuck with me.

Love Your Hornet, awesome scene and base. And that weathering.