Dodge Charger Police Interceptor

My first car was a 1971 Caprice Classic with a 454 V8 and the towing package. When I got above 80 she would squat a few inches lower and go into ground effect mode. At night other cars would get out my way because they thought I was a unmarked trooper. Only ever got one ticket. I miss that car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/6/2021 at 6:53 PM, Dutch said:

My first car was a 1971 Caprice Classic with a 454 V8 and the towing package. When I got above 80 she would squat a few inches lower and go into ground effect mode. At night other cars would get out my way because they thought I was a unmarked trooper. Only ever got one ticket. I miss that car.

Wanted a muscle car but had to be frugal as I was just starting out at a job and needed reliable transportation, 69 Dodge Dart custom slant 6.....good car for being 4 years old when I got it.

69 Dart slant 6.jpg

Edited by jonwinn

I did however end up buying this off the showroom floor, '73 Roadrunner honey gold with white stripes, 360 with dual exhaust, 4bbl. carb and a slapstick auto tranny.

73 RR honey gold 360 cu in (3).jpg

Edited by jonwinn
  • 6 months later...

The light blue is done, I got some tape residue on the dark blue, how do I remove tape residue without harming the paint. Paint is Tamiya rattlecan lacquer TS series.

slick 46.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

looks really great Jon! I think some light detergent and warm water washing with a aoft swab should do it. Tamiya lacquar is pretty robust so I think you'd be safe. 

BTW, just for future reference, and I know everyone has their favorite technique for multi-color paint jobs. But personally If I were doing this color scheme I think I would paint the entire body the light blue color first, let that dry really well and then mask and paint the dark blue. In my opinion it makes it much easier to match up the color break. But regardless, you did an awesome job!

Bill

I know that, learned that 60 years ago when I started modeling. I do go against the grain at times, I had the dark blue but not the light blue. I already have scolded myself umpteen times but guess what? I do not listen to me so why would I listen to you!!! LOL Or as Popeye says-I yam whats I yam.

2 hours ago, jonwinn said:

I know that, learned that 60 years ago when I started modeling. I do go against the grain at times, I had the dark blue but not the light blue. I already have scolded myself umpteen times but guess what? I do not listen to me so why would I listen to you!!! LOL Or as Popeye says-I yam whats I yam.

Yup. I've very very many times did something the whole time saying "I really shouldn't do it this way, I really shouldn't do it this way...." Hope I didn't offend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You talking about the 6 hole paint pallet Dutch? It's for thinning Valejo Model Color paint to brush paint, It is too thick to brush properly so I thin it a bit for better coverage.

• 2 weeks later...