CD48205 - 1/48 NASA F-15

This one is coming in November - markings for NASA F-15s and most of what you need to do 71-0290 in its various research aircraft schemes. I will scale it down to 1/72 scale as well, perhaps in the December-January timeframe.

cd48205.jpg

56 minutes ago, Captain Tyler said:

Yeah, too bad there are no F-15STOL/MTD ACTIVE kits out there.

Hasegawa did one a few years ago, but unless they rerelease it, no joy there. 

Last one I saw on EvilBay ended up over 150 buckaroos!

I am glad you liked the additional markings for the ACTIVE and MTD program markings, but please note that the plain NASA F-15s are basically bog standard F-15s and do not need any significant modification. The sheet includes markings for four of these and they are quite striking subjects. 

Looking forward to what Arnaud will offer us for the ACTIVE/MTD jets - I believe the "canards" were F-18 horizontal stabilizer and may come from an old Monogram kit you may have lying around. 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, KursadA said:

I am glad you liked the additional markings for the ACTIVE and MTD program markings, but please note that the plain NASA F-15s are basically bog standard F-15s and do not need any significant modification. The sheet includes markings for four of these and they are quite striking subjects. 

Looking forward to what Arnaud will offer us for the ACTIVE/MTD jets - I believe the "canards" were F-18 horizontal stabilizer and may come from an old Monogram kit you may have lying around. 

That's correct, the canards came from an F/A-18A or C. 

What kit will Arnaud make the conversion pack for? 

7 hours ago, Captain Tyler said:

What kit will Arnaud make the conversion pack for? 

I'll work on the Hasegawa kit. I said I'd do the 3D vectoring thrust nozzles though, I did not commit to a conversion set as I'm not sure if I have enough documentation. If you have good pictures please share, it will increase the chances I do it 😁

Arnaud

On 9/18/2021 at 1:32 AM, KursadA said:

Of note, 71-0290 began life as a FSD airframe. As a result it has a lot of minor differences when compared to a production aircraft even beyond the canards and alternate nozzles. The canards are a modified F/A-18 stabs, the rear corner of the base trimmed off and the forward portion extended. I actually drew up a set of 1/72 line drawings for the STOL/MTD variant in prep for my planned conversion.

1 hour ago, arnobiz said:

I'll work on the Hasegawa kit. I said I'd do the 3D vectoring thrust nozzles though, I did not commit to a conversion set as I'm not sure if I have enough documentation. If you have good pictures please share, it will increase the chances I do it 😁

Arnaud

Arnaud, PM sent,

Hoops

This is outstanding news! I am in for multiple copies in both 1/48 and especially 1/72. Thanks Kursad!!

I'll need to search back through my storage boxes as I recall that I photographed NASA's F-15STOL/MTD ACTIVE several times at various Edwards AFB Open Houses. If I find any interesting photos, I'll post them here. I believe any photos I shot were pre-digital so there won't be many photos as I was miserly with my rolls of film at the Edwards shows to prevent me from running out of film and missing something. (Yes, that did happen once!)

Have fun modeling!

Mike

12 hours ago, Mike J. Idacavage said:

This is outstanding news! I am in for multiple copies in both 1/48 and especially 1/72. Thanks Kursad!!

I'll need to search back through my storage boxes as I recall that I photographed NASA's F-15STOL/MTD ACTIVE several times at various Edwards AFB Open Houses. If I find any interesting photos, I'll post them here. I believe any photos I shot were pre-digital so there won't be many photos as I was miserly with my rolls of film at the Edwards shows to prevent me from running out of film and missing something. (Yes, that did happen once!)

Have fun modeling!

Mike

I'd love to see any other photos of that aircraft!

Cheers,

Hoops

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, swimmer25k said:

A friend printed it out and test for the part to a junked F-15 that was laying around somewhere. 

I left some parts in my woodworking area for a while and that's exactly how they came out 😅

• 1 month later...