CD48205 - 1/48 NASA F-15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Yepee! Scheme number 6 is what you need for the F-15 STOL/MTD conversion 🙂

For schemes 5 and 7 I started working on ACTIVE 3D vectoring nozzles, with an angle to show off the vectoring capability (so a bit less straightforward than straight nozzles, bear with me!)

Arnaud

I have a question, is it possible to buy only a pitot tube?

On 12/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, KursadA said:

I will enable preorders next week - 7 options on this set. The 1/72 version is in the works and will be available in the March timeframe.

cd48205profiles1.jpg

cd48205profiles2.jpg

I'm ready to put my order in.......

A post on Britmodeller reminded me of the existence of the Gulfstream "Quiet Spike" test : and I will add the markings for this setup to the 1/72 sheet. (also in 1/48 scale as a bonus) The probe design is simple and hopefully someone can provide a 3D printed option rather quickly.

ED06-0149-23.jpg

Edited by KursadA
38 minutes ago, KursadA said:

A post on Britmodeller reminded me of the existence of the Gulfstream "Quiet Spike" test : and I will add the markings for this setup to the 1/72 sheet. (also in 1/48 scale as a bonus) The probe design is simple and hopefully someone can provide a 3D printed option rather quickly.

That's funny I came across the Quiet Spike project yesterday, I guess we'll have to work on a second 1/48 sheet for NASA F-15s as there is another set of STOL/MTD markings also not on the first one 😄

https://www.airfighters.com/photo/7098/M/USA-NASA/McDonnell-Douglas-F-15B-Agile-Eagle/N837NA/

Edited by arnobiz
30 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

That's funny I came across the Quiet Spike project yesterday, I guess we'll have to work on a second 1/48 sheet for NASA F-15s as there is another set of STOL/MTD markings also not on the first one 😄

I was aware of that badge from the start, Monsieur - it has a color gradient that would increase the sheet's cost, so I passed on it. But I will include the 1/48 scale markings for the Quiet Spike probe on the 1/72 scale sheet as a bonus. 

Just now, KursadA said:

I was aware of that badge from the start, Monsieur - it has a color gradient that would increase the sheet's cost, so I passed on it. But I will include the 1/48 scale markings for the Quiet Spike probe on the 1/72 scale sheet as a bonus. 

Excellent!

5 hours ago, KursadA said:

Kursad, 

do you happen to know what FS colors of red and Blue are on the F-15 STOL/MTD aircraft?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by ORANGF15Guy
21 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I have just started shipping and will ship a large number of orders this weekend, you should start receiving them early next week.

Thanks Kursad,

do you know which FS colors are used for the paint on the F-15 STOL/MTD, specifically the red and blue colors?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On 1/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, ORANGF15Guy said:

Thanks Kursad,

do you know which FS colors are used for the paint on the F-15 STOL/MTD, specifically the red and blue colors?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was going to ask this but for all three colors if possible. I have the 1/72 IFCS kit and it has been sitting idle for a while, while I have been researching what is the correct paint and acquiring the correct parts

From this conversation here (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/nasa-colors-pt-2-t196056.html) The official color scheme that NASA uses is consisted of:
White (a/c top, tail, wings & stabilizers) FS 17925
Blue Fuselage stripe: FS 15102
Lt Blue pin stripe: FS 15450
Grey fuselage underside: FS 16492
Red (warnings): FS 11140
Yellow (warnings): FS 13591

To note is that the poster states that the Langley aircraft were painted in this scheme. I am not sure if the other centers have the same schemes, but the Langley aircraft were painted according to that scheme. The NF-15B was painted in a distinct scheme though it would be reasonable to believe that they would use paint that was readily available to them.