CD48205 - 1/48 NASA F-15

5 hours ago, MrZebra said:

From this conversation here (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/nasa-colors-pt-2-t196056.html) The official color scheme that NASA uses is consisted of:
White (a/c top, tail, wings & stabilizers) FS 17925
Blue Fuselage stripe: FS 15102
Lt Blue pin stripe: FS 15450
Grey fuselage underside: FS 16492
Red (warnings): FS 11140
Yellow (warnings): FS 13591

To note is that the poster states that the Langley aircraft were painted in this scheme. I am not sure if the other centers have the same schemes, but the Langley aircraft were painted according to that scheme. The NF-15B was painted in a distinct scheme though it would be reasonable to believe that they would use paint that was readily available to them.

Thank you Sir!

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 10:00 AM, arnobiz said:

Yepee! Scheme number 6 is what you need for the F-15 STOL/MTD conversion 🙂

For schemes 5 and 7 I started working on ACTIVE 3D vectoring nozzles, with an angle to show off the vectoring capability (so a bit less straightforward than straight nozzles, bear with me!)

Arnaud

Any update on the 3D Thrust Vectoring conversion kit, or still a WIP? 

@fasteagle12 @swimmer25k I might do it through crowdfunding. If the niche topics I focus on sell in moderate volumes in the most popular scale I don't mind but I won't risk combining niche topics with niche scale* anymore - the 1/72 Rafale and F-15SG sets have sold in minuscule quantities 😕

Arnaud

*1/72 is popular indeed for kits (and I built lots of them until recently) but when it comes to aftermarket it's a niche scale in my books

Edited by arnobiz
On 3/13/2022 at 4:26 AM, arnobiz said:

@fasteagle12 @swimmer25k I might do it through crowdfunding. If the niche topics I focus on sell in moderate volumes in the most popular scale I don't mind but I won't risk combining niche topics with niche scale* anymore - the 1/72 Rafale and F-15SG sets have sold in minuscule quantities 😕

Arnaud

*1/72 is popular indeed for kits (and I built lots of them until recently) but when it comes to aftermarket it's a niche scale in my books

What about a full F-15EX conversion, including the renewed station pylons 1 and 9.

2 hours ago, hemspilot said:

What about a full F-15EX conversion, including the renewed station pylons 1 and 9.

Same thing, I would expect to sell even less EX sets than SG for a significantly bigger design effort. But who knows, it might happen, BAM is more about passion than business 😄

On 3/16/2022 at 3:22 PM, arnobiz said:

Same thing, I would expect to sell even less EX sets than SG for a significantly bigger design effort. But who knows, it might happen, BAM is more about passion than business 😄

The USAF is going to have 144 or more F-15EX fighters vs 24(?) for singapore?

Different customer base.

• 4 weeks later...

Arnaud. I received the F15 STOL/FTD set and it's an absolute beauty of a kit. Worth every Euro.

I can't find the instructions on your website for it though.

Are those coming?

I can't find the instructions for assembling the nozzles. What should it look like when finished? which parts go where?

I see several locating pins inside. which ones should be used? Which way do I slide the pieces, is there a front and a back?

For the pieces that do not fit inside, is there a top and a bottom? they are not symmetrical.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 10:59 AM, arnobiz said:

NASA F-15B #836 carried the Phoenix, a beautiful scheme for an interesting payload 🙂

This can now be built with this Caracal sheet and the newly released BAM48036 set!

https://bam-models.com/product-category/f-15/

52215915728_3844be77f7_c.jpg

That Phoenix seems a bit undersized, could it be just me.

On 7/24/2022 at 1:49 AM, arnobiz said:

It looks right to me, but if it looks wrong to you don't use AMK's on your build 😉

It's definitely undersized, sort of like the Trumpeter's 1/72 AGM-78s.

image.png.e68f10997e7207724dbd242331b18c9d.pngimage.png.8f551f6bdd28b0d732ca3249cb95d171.png