Well, today, I got the 1/48 Zvezda Su-57 airplane, plus some Eduard stuff for it (masks and detail set).  I know this model is not the most detailed airplane kit, but it is of a different subject than I've had before, and looking forward to seeing what I can do with it!

I'm nearing the end of mine; I wanted the digital camo set but could not get it so I went with a painted splinter camo scheme.  I kinda phugged up the build tho; due to a massive brain fart I left off part of the bomb bay hatch superstructure and ended up boffo-ing the closure to conceal what I did wrong.  Oh well; if you don't look at the bottom side of the aircraft you won't see my boo-boo.

The rest of the build went very well and things fit quite nicely.  Zvezda has upped their game; it was a superior experience compared to the YAK-130 I wrestled with a couple of years ago, although there is not much mechanical detailing on this SU-57 to speak of.

2 hours ago, Solo said:

That kit is perfect for painting mule.

I understand that it has a huge surface for painting...but unless I mess it up badly during the build, I sure didn't spend $50+ to practice my airbrush and weathering skills!!!

6 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I’ve got one on the slow boat from Lucky Model and can’t wait to build it. Get on it Curt - let’s see the progress! 

I'll certainly post when I start the build, Brian!  I know you don't specialize in Russian decals, but is there any chance you might consider doing a sheet for this one???