Russian wheel hub color

I've been using Model Master Acryl Panzer Olivgren 1943 (#4798).  It seems to have that "toned-down" green effect, especially with a Raw Umber wash.  Its still available, though with the demise of Model Master paints, prices have gone up.

Sorry but never made any model paint comparisons. But here is the real deal for comparison. Russians used one standard green colour for wheel hubs for milions of years, it is special heat resistant colour.

Next to it is a dielectric panel from a MiG-21 fighter. The dielectric green colour was different and it had different properties.

One can argue that the difference is minimal for a scale kit.

xNNQ1ML.jpg

Both the dielectric and the hub panel are factory fresh with zero use and they never seen fading from sunlight. Here they are put one on another for comparison under exactly same light conditions.

Best regards

Gabor

Wow, that is even more similar than I expected, and very similar to Akan's 63060. It is now clear why they recommend the same colour for both applications. Thank you very much for that comparison: On normal photographs you would never see the two items next to each other like that - I think it is the first time that I've seen them like this. I have some of my own pictures of dielectric panels and wheel hubs from a MiG-21, but not together like this and they don't look quite as similar due to differences in lighting.

• 2 months later...