My Studio Scale Klingon BattleCruiser build.

Here are some pictures of my recent Captain Cardboard Klingon Battlecruiser build. Studio Scale. I contacted Gary Kerr to get the colors correct(part of the fun for me, is to get my work as close to the filming miniature as possible!).

These were taken at my local Hobby shop while I was picking up supplies! 

hyXa6y.jpg

T9K3jE.jpg

t8tXOj.jpg

ot8eVg.jpg

Edited by Captain Han Solo
On 10/2/2021 at 3:09 PM, taneal1 said:

Beautiful model, beautiful job. This item has been unavailable for a LONG LONG time. Is this a recent acquisition? 

Tom

Thanks! Yes, as mentioned in the video, It was gifted to me by a friend. I always liked it, but personally never got around to purchasing one. This was in storage for years.

Edited by Captain Han Solo
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice!  Very nice.  I just found an Atomic City kit on another forum and snagged it.  Not nearly as big of a presence, but should go well with my 1/350 Enterprise.  
 Cannot understand why a larger scale IM kit of the D-7 has not been produced.   Well, now that I’ve got the Atomic City kit on the way I’m sure Polar Lights will announce one this week.   

EDIT: Just did some reading and it appears that the Atomic City Studio Scale kit is the same as the Captain Cardboard that is scaled at 1/305 ?  So it looks like I have the same kit on the way!  I'm stoked!!  I think I was confused with the Nice-N-Model kit that is a bit smaller at 1/350 scale.

EDIT: Kit arrived yesterday.  It is not the larger studio scale, but the 1/350 scale that builds up just like the Nice-N kit with the clam shell design of the main fuselage.  Which works out better for my Polar Lights/Round 2 kits.  I honestly don't believe the seller knew what he actually had.

Hey Capt, what was your paint mix used?  Any off the shelf paint, or mixed? 

Edited by Scott Smith

Beautiful model, Captain!

Scott, when I built my little Alliance 1/1400 D-7, a source I found about the history of the filming models had the colors as Tamiya XF-66 Light Gray for the gray and Tamiya 33% XF-21 Sky + 66% XF23 Light Blue for the gray-green. My photos over on Modeling Madness don’t really show the colors accurately, but in person, my model’s colors look pretty close to those on the Captain’s model.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

Thanks Ben!  I appreciate it. 

I built the little 1/1000 kit years back and it called for a purple on top, or something I read did.  But looking back at pics everywhere, it looks like that might be an idea someone came up with after seeing one lit with purple lighting.  Even though I painted the little kit that way, it never quite sat right with me.