JASDF F-2A fighter New FineMOLD

3 hours ago, GeneK said:

Parts layout has been posted, Craig -- new?

Yes, thanks Gene. The only things I've noticed are no pylon/launcher for sta 2/10 and is that both an open/closed optional speedbrakes provided at the very top of the sprue layout?

The markings option scheme to are given but unless you going for aftermarket decals there are a bit minimal. I did find this early scheme but will require some work to find the colours and markings to reproduce it.

277648309_4951479661632998_2606671407439057790_n.jpg

277662185_4951479561633008_5953783384269938757_n.jpg

FPNsM9qakAMHpuV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Craig Baldwin said:

Almost expected but a bit earlier than I assumed. Most of the anniversary schemes were applied to A models, I'll have to google some anniversary B schemes.

I was having a look this morning when it was announced and found this:- https://dxmdecals.com/shopping/ols/products/172-viper-zero-f-2b-jasdf-21st-sq-anniversary

• 2 weeks later...

From FM Company Twitter:

FRq79RlaIAY79GA.jpg

FRq8APJakAIl4Np.jpg

FRq8B2maUAEtqNZ.jpg

FRq8BL9akAE_x7r.jpg

Also -- here's a link to the FM president announcing new tools, including the F-2A and B starting at 7:30. His  frequent Japanese "UH" growl is hard to take, but Closed Captioning does an OK job of translating his main points. Interesting that he goes into his philosophy of why it's important for him to create a really good kit, despite the kit not costing much for modelers.

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
5 hours ago, GeneK said:

FRq8BL9akAE_x7r.jpg

Never seen that before: a full-length intake trunk going all the way back to the burner can.

Regards,

Murph

12 hours ago, Murph said:

Never seen that before: a full-length intake trunk going all the way back to the burner can.

Regards,

Murph

Hello Murph,

Platz’s 1/72 F-15 has the same feature. 

Cheers,

Arkut

Edited by clumsy
10 hours ago, clumsy said:

Hello Murph,

Platz’s 1/72 F-15 has the same feature. 

Cheers,

Arkut

News to me.  Not sure I'm a fan of it.

Regards,

Murph

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Not sure I'm a fan of [the one piece intake-to-burner]

How come, Murph?  Looks like a creatively simple way to get all the pieces lined up.

Gene K

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Not sure I'm a fan of it.

I tend to agree, looks like filling the seam will be more difficult, especially in 72nd. May have to cut it anyway to "reach" the middle. 

2 hours ago, GeneK said:

How come, Murph?  Looks like a creatively simple way to get all the pieces lined up.

Gene K

Gene,

As habu2 mentioned, the seam issue.  Personally, I'd rather fiddle around with aligning pieces than trying to fill a seam that is either inaccessible or requires some Rube Goldberg tool to reach.  Obviously, others will feel differently.  Having said all of that, I have two on preorder.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
10 minutes ago, Murph said:

Having said all of that, I have two on preorder.

I have one on preorder and may get a B model after I compare the A model with the Hasegawa kits I already have.