EB-66 Italeri 1:72

Hello fellow modellers! Another built of mine is the EB-66 from Italeri. It is a re-issue, and I did it in SEA colours (Mr Hobby H303, H309, H310, H311) representing an aircraft having electric systems against the radars of the North Vietnamese Army in the Vietnam war. Despite that the top needed putty and sanding it was an enjoyable built. The base is a piece of MDF that I painted. Thanks for looking.

EB-66-MC05.jpg

EB-66-MC06.jpg

EB-66-MC08.jpg

EB-66-MC09.jpg

EB-66-MC10.jpg

EB-66-MC11.jpg

EB-66-MC13.jpg

Edited by SakisG

Man, your weathering is awesome!  I like how the camouflage looks faded and sun-bleached in some areas.  Also like how you weathered the cockpit instrument panel cover. Little details like this really give your model a "Wow!" factor.

Your EB-66 is, by far, the best I have seen in 1/72   :worship:

1 hour ago, JackMan said:

Man, your weathering is awesome!  I like how the camouflage looks faded and sun-bleached in some areas.  Also like how you weathered the cockpit instrument panel cover. Little details like this really give your model a "Wow!" factor.

Your EB-66 is, by far, the best I have seen in 1/72   :worship:

Thanks a lot JackMan, much appreciated!

The EBs from the 42nd TEWS never made it back to the states.  In 1974 my second tour was at Korat.  I saw the last of them leave Korat ending up at Clark A.B.   I found them while doing a prisoner transfer from Korat later that year.  I went over and got some shots but they had been stripped of engines and most of the equipment on board.   When I returned at the end of my tour we made a overnight stop and I took a taxi out to the field where I had seen them.  Noting showed but I did see that the one tree that was there now had its lowest branch only a foot or two above the ground where before it was way over my head, indicating they had buried all the airframes.  The tail codes were JW and many of them wore a sharkmouth. 

14 hours ago, ikar said:

The EBs from the 42nd TEWS never made it back to the states.  In 1974 my second tour was at Korat.  I saw the last of them leave Korat ending up at Clark A.B.   I found them while doing a prisoner transfer from Korat later that year.  I went over and got some shots but they had been stripped of engines and most of the equipment on board.   When I returned at the end of my tour we made a overnight stop and I took a taxi out to the field where I had seen them.  Noting showed but I did see that the one tree that was there now had its lowest branch only a foot or two above the ground where before it was way over my head, indicating they had buried all the airframes.  The tail codes were JW and many of them wore a sharkmouth. 

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...