Building late model F-4E

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Seems a lot simpler and cheaper to just get the Hypersonic late F-4E conversion for the ZM kit.

That's an excellent conversion!

Note that ZM initially announced  

For the long-nose versions, SWS has selected to recreate seven types: E (early and late production), EJ/EJ-Kai, F/F ICE, and G [/quote]

No timetable has been announced, however.

Gene K

Edited by GeneK

I am part way through just such a conversion. It’s doable, but I’ve found it to be more work than I than I originally planned for.

The catapult hook cavities have to be filled…not easy given the surface contours in this location. There are several doors and panels on the belly that need to be added or deleted to achieve the proper Air Force Phantom configuration. 

And finally, the inboard LE slats and wing fence require updating to account for AF/Navy differences.

Unless your aim is to pose the flaps/slats extended, my recommendation is to go with Hypersonic’s resin conversation set  or wait for the forthcoming ZM late E release.

Edited by RichB63
5 hours ago, Niels said:

Why not buy the F-4E (early) and the F-4EJ Kai and swap the necessary parts? 
Or just the F-4EJ Kai and modify the wingtips to a regular F-4E? 

Pretty sure it is because the F-4EJ Kai is still a "hard wing" Phantom. The OP wants a late E with slatted wings.

Mark

6 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

I'm hoping that SWS will eventually produce a late F-4E. It would just make sense.

The post only four before yours quoted SWS as saying:

For the long-nose versions, SWS has selected to recreate seven types: E (early and late production), EJ/EJ-Kai, F/F ICE, and G [/quote]

Gene K