Another He-219 Question...

Can anyone tell me what the part MK 108 in part 12 of the instructions for the 1/48 Tamiya Heinkel He-219 A-7 Uhu airplane is?  I've never seen an opening in the spine of this aircraft, in any of the builds I have seen, and as far as I know, there is no kit part for MK 108, and since there is a cover (part A28) for that item, I'm curious why the instructions even mention it.  Am I missing something?  It seems odd, because the instructions even show that the area where that MK 108 goes is supposed to be painted the same color as the cockpit (TS-48), but if that area isn't designed to be open, why bother painting it?  It's one of life's little imponderables, but it's bugging me, like I SHOULD know what this part is, what it's for, and why it gets closed up and never seen, but I'm clueless.  Anyone have any ideas, or know the answer for sure?  Thanks, in advance, for any help.

What is listed as “MK 108” in step 12 of the instructions is the MK 108 cannon assembly you build in Step 9 from parts A15 and A16.  It’s the upward firing cannon in the Schräge Musik arrangement found on some night fighters.  I assume that the cover A28 is a separate part so that it can be left off in the event you want to show the cannons themselves instead of just the barrels poking through the spine.

6 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

What is listed as “MK 108” in step 12 of the instructions is the MK 108 cannon assembly you build in Step 9 from parts A15 and A16.  It’s the upward firing cannon in the Schräge Musik arrangement found on some night fighters.  I assume that the cover A28 is a separate part so that it can be left off in the event you want to show the cannons themselves instead of just the barrels poking through the spine.

I missed that entirely, Dave.  Thank you so much!!