LED airfield stand for the F117

I am a guy that LOVES xmas lights in his room. And finishing up my F117 I get anxiety if I just look at it on normal warm light. I think thats a plane that just looks better in the dark.

I am thinking a simple circular stand (made from foam like for DnD thingies?) painted to look like an airfield road texture.

(1) would i use some kind of sand or sand texture paint for the airfield road or somehow weather it?

(2) what kind of figurines like pilot/fuel barrels or shrubs would you add?

(3) the most important - I want to add 2 LED diods on both sites of the plane, like mini projectors. One red and one blue maybe.

The simplest way would be to just hook them to a USB powerbank but what kind of light diods would i even buy?

19 hours ago, MR Brush Brutalizer said:

<snip>

I am thinking a simple circular stand (made from foam like for DnD thingies?) painted to look like an airfield road texture.

<snip>

(3) the most important - I want to add 2 LED diods on both sites of the plane, like mini projectors. One red and one blue maybe.

The simplest way would be to just hook them to a USB powerbank but what kind of light diods would i even buy?

RubberMaid used to have a plastic Lazy Susan Turntable that would be about perfect for a 1/72nd or 1/48th scale F-117.  It is already flat, has a chassis underneath to allow manual rotation (that part could be removed if you wish) and there is enough room underneath to run your wiring for the lights.  Link to an image showing a double-stack version that can be separated into two individual surfaces, one with the rotation feature and the other without the rotation feature: Rubbermaid Double JB1 2709 Lazy Susan Turntable 10.5" Round Almond 

The RubberMaid plastic does hold paint and glue.  I used one for a while as a working surface for model building.   

16 minutes ago, MR Brush Brutalizer said:

so this is what americans call a lazy suzan. a table that rotates? cute.

Phantom that is some amazing star trek collection.

So all you did was buy a LED with a resistor presoldered, and hooked it with wires to a 9v battery that you can recharge?

Nope, solder the resistor to the LED then wire to the battery. The battery is simple 9 volts so no recharge.

I dont run it constant. Only if someone wants to see the models. Which is next to never. Some of the 9volts are several years old. 

Only people that ever come in the basement are people buying my models and the cat.

Sure, local pick up only, I do not ship any more. Posting a completed model costs more then I charged for the completed model. 13 models flew to another home last week......In the back of his truck.