I've been looking and looking at pictures of Israeli F-15Cs and trying to decide if the CFTs on their jets are the older type like the ones the USAF used on their F-15As and Cs or are they the ones that are on the F-15E Strike Eagle family? Whats the verdict on this so I can sleep at night. Thank you for any help.

No, the CFT’ s differ between the C “FAST packs” and E “CFT’s” The main difference being that the “FAST” packs only had two hard points, while the “CFT’s” had 6. I’m not sure if there is any physical size difference but the CFT’s look bigger, but could be an illusion. The only place I’m aware of getting the earlier C type is in the 1/48 Hasegawa Strike Eagle kit sprues H and I.

Edited by scotthldr
1 hour ago, scotthldr said:

No, the CFT’ s differ between the C and E. The only place I’m aware of getting the earlier C type is in the 1/48 Hasegawa Strike Eagle kit sprues H and I.

Thanks for your response. So in what way are they different? I pulled out my Hasegawa F-15E prototype kit and looking at the CFTs in that kit versus the GWH kit and I honestly can't tell the difference between them. Yes there are panel line differences, but profile wise they look much the same.

Edited by Falcon053

See my edited post above

Note that the two hard points on the FAST packs are in a different position from any on the 6 point CFTs.

Edited by scotthldr

I believe the C model FAST packs had two individual pylons at the same place where the Sparrow launchers were on the bottom corners of the intake.  Basically they were used to retain the AIM-7 capability with the CFTs attached.  The E model CFT has a long bottom pylon with 3 stores stations, in addition to the 3 individual pylons on the side.

Easiest Way to get them in 1/48 is to beg/steal/borrow a set from the early Dual Role Fighter boxing or F-15E boxing which aren't accurate F-15E's anyway

The launch pylons are in every Hasegawa 1/48 Eagle kit Sprue C parts 32/33 normally marked not for use

Okay, thanks everybody for the help. So from what I'm understanding is the rails for dropping versus shooting things is different, I get that and understand stand that part, got it. All I am asking is are the tanks that slap onto the side of the intakes, under the wings are the same as all the other ones used. I have a couple of the early F-15E kits and so have everything I need. Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Falcon053 said:

Okay, thanks everybody for the help. So from what I'm understanding is the rails for dropping versus shooting things is different, I get that and understand stand that part, got it. All I am asking is are the tanks that slap onto the side of the intakes, under the wings are the same as all the other ones used. I have a couple of the early F-15E kits and so have everything I need. Thanks.

The CFT's for the E and C/D have the same fuel capacity and shape but have other external differences beyond the obvious weapons pylons. The C/D CFT's have more access panels in the lower part of the CFT than on the E's and the PW-229 and GE powered E's have an air scoop as well. If you have a bare CFT with proper pylons and panel lines/air scoops don't matter to you then an E CFT will fit a C/D.

Cheers,

John

7 hours ago, CF104 said:

The CFT's for the E and C/D have the same fuel capacity and shape but have other external differences beyond the obvious weapons pylons. The C/D CFT's have more access panels in the lower part of the CFT than on the E's and the PW-229 and GE powered E's have an air scoop as well. If you have a bare CFT with proper pylons and panel lines/air scoops don't matter to you then an E CFT will fit a C/D.

Cheers,

John

Actually FAST pack -- aka "CFT's" for light grays are shaped differently from Strike CFT's.  Only slightly.  FAST packs are more "straight" when viewing from head on that the more "rounded/bulbous" shape of the Strike CFT.  Both types have a different dolly for removal and installation.  Found this out while in Saudi Arabia back in the 90's trying to remove a Strike CFT using a dolly for a FAST pack.

Also, Pratt powered Strike CFT's now have the same scoop as GE jets.  New suite mod.

Edited by BoeingDriver