F14 Ordnance question: live weapons with blue sidewinders?

On 10/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, Joe Hegedus said:

Methinks you misread his statment.  They flew a missile shoot that launched AIM-7s (expended the missiles) while carrying CATM-9 on the wingips.  Which, for a Hornet, isn't really unusual as they tend to want to have the Sidewinder on the tip (live or inert) as it helps with aeroelastic response of the wing.  Baby Hornets have a convoluted matrix of limitations that varies with what is under the wing, and also with whether or not there are missiles on the wingtips.  Also, an expended missile doesn't have an inert motor, it has an expended (burned) motor; it has nothing inside anymore.  An inert motor won't burn - that's the whole point of it being inert.

you got me with a matrix of limitations, if you don't mind please explain cause kits loadout charts are iffy

Luigi

Yes, kit load charts are iffy and in many cases, flat-out wrong.  

What I was referring to, though , is that there are different limits for airspeed/Mach no./g-loading for the various underwing weapon configurations based on whether there is a single wingtip missile loaded, one or each wingtip, or no wingtip missiles.  

6 hours ago, Joe Hegedus said:

Yes, kit load charts are iffy and in many cases, flat-out wrong.  

What I was referring to, though , is that there are different limits for airspeed/Mach no./g-loading for the various underwing weapon configurations based on whether there is a single wingtip missile loaded, one or each wingtip, or no wingtip missiles.  

I see, thought there it was room for something never seen before 🙂

Thanks ^^

Luigi