Hobbyboss 1/72 Northrop F-5E Tiger II 'Area 88' Shin Kazama Custom

Build 8 for 2021 is Shin Kazama's F-5E Tiger II from the manga/anime Area 88. Kazama pilots the Tiger II from Chp 5-10. This is the first aircraft he flies that sports the iconic flaming haired Unicorn on its tail.

The kit is from Hobbyboss which fits OK but is not quite accurate in the details. Markings and the Shin Kazama figure are from the Hasegawa F-8E Area 88 kit.

Construction was straightforward and I added modified F-16 missile rails for the AIM-7 Sparrow missiles and an additional pair of AIM-9s for a 6 missile loadout. Painting and Finishing however had problems so I'm not 100% satisfied with the result.

Painted with acrylics with only a little weathering.

More pics and a build log on my site > https://www.rocketpunch.biz/21-hobbyboss-72-f5e-area88/

works21-hb-72-f5e-a88-splash.jpg

works21-hb-772-f5e-a88-01.jpg

works21-hb-772-f5e-a88-04.jpg

works21-hb-772-f5e-a88-14.jpg

works21-hb-772-f5e-a88-16.jpg

works21-hb-772-f5e-a88-19.jpg

works21-hb-772-f5e-a88-17.jpg

works21-hb-772-f5e-a88-18.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I like this a lot. I'm a big Area 88 fan, but I've never built an aircraft from there because the lack of markings usually makes for a very dull airplane. But you put in enough warning decals and little details that it still looks interesting.

• 3 months later...