Any manufacturer doing a new mold 1/72 Mystere IVA?

I been reading on the Azur/ Frrom kits glaringly narrow/ tubular nose profile inaccuracy and getting seriously turned off toward buying it. So this means wes looking at a kit bash of the old matchbox nose section from just fore of the spine and cross breeding and surgery/ kitbashing it onto the Azur Frrom kit as the last alternative in doing a correct Mystere IVA. The old Graphy Air resin kit has vanished too. Any suggestions from the 1/72 Mystere IVA experts?

Edited by lulldapull
4 hours ago, Laurent said:

I'm no Mystère IVA expert but I see no solution. The Matchbox nose looks weird to me. It looks conical to me.

Hi Laurent, hope yous doing well. Have a look at the side by side comparison of this gentleman's builds. He actually went through the experience of building both. Look how different the nose profile is between the two kits. Since you are a native French speaker, could you translate what specifically he says on the differences between the two. Many thanks:

http://aviapassionmaquette.free.fr/Aviapassion Maquette montage MYSTERE 4A AZUR.html

Edited by lulldapull

The article doesn't talk about the nose shape. It just says that Azur and Matchbox fuselages are both to short compared to the scale drawings (*) especially the Azur one. It's said that the end of the fuselage is worst on the Azur kit.

The nose profile of neither kits look good to me. Matchbox nose is purely conical. There might be a slight curvature on the intake side of Azur nose. The issue might be that the angle of the cone is too big on Azur and Matchbox and that the intake area profile isn't curved. Ref: Dassault_MD-454_Mystere_IVA,_France_-_Ai

*: Yeah but are the scale drawings actually accurate ? Scale drawings are like a scale model: an interpretation of a real subject. I don't own the following book but it might contain actual Dassault drawings: http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/article6087.html

Thanks for the translation, which confirms both kits are off the mark in various areas. I just can't believe Azur stuffed this up this bad. In that frontal shot of the link I sent for the article, you can clearly see how narrow the Azur fuselage is resulting in the intake diameter looking tubular vs the Matchbox. And look how fat/ rotund the fuselage circular cross section is in your pic. This thing in real life was pretty round in the fuselage. I believe our last hope is the very hard to find old Graphy-Air resin kit from the early 90's, or we lobby outfits like Valom or Modelsvit to do a new mold. Modifying the matchbox kit is a lot of painful work. It's a toy, not a model kit.