Shipping to Australia suspended

Folks, USPS has temporarily suspended First Class mail shipping to Australia due to COVID-19 related air freight capacity issues.  Other shipping methods are still available, but this suspension basically means there is no way for me to ship any orders below $50 to Australia economically.

I have been holding a few orders from Australia to see if the suspension would be lifted, but it does not seem to be happening. If you recently placed an order from Australia under $50, you will soon get a refund. If your order was more than $50, I will ship it using Global Post (a private service that bypasses USPS)

Yes my order from 18 August has been sitting in the Chicgao International Shipping Centre since 25 August - I wonder what it means for that one ever getting to me. There was no suspension on shipping back then either....bloody USPS.

7 hours ago, Biggles81 said:

Yes my order from 18 August has been sitting in the Chicgao International Shipping Centre since 25 August - I wonder what it means for that one ever getting to me. There was no suspension on shipping back then either....bloody USPS.

It will get to you eventually Ken, I had package from Argentina take 16 months to reach me here in Canberra, purchased just before the 'Vid' was stopping a lot of airline schedules.

I am eyeing a few new and coming releases, looks like I will have to pool them until I reach $50 worth.

Edited by Trojan Thunder
On 10/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, Trojan Thunder said:

It will get to you eventually Ken, I had package from Argentina take 16 months to reach me here in Canberra, purchased just before the 'Vid' was stopping a lot of airline schedules.

I am eyeing a few new and coming releases, looks like I will have to pool them until I reach $50 worth.

You're right Ray, I am sure they will arrive eventually - it might be a bit of a magical mystery tour for them though - I move to Jakarta on 1 Dec. Be nice to have them in hand before the removal happens rather than rely on the Auspost mail redirect to there. Not Kursad's fault in any way of course, the damn virus is having strange impacts. Good thing that the next set I am hanging out for is the new F-22 set with the HIANG option which looks like it won't be this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks like there is now a way to economically ship smaller orders to Australia - I will enable this soon, and folks from Australia should soon start seeing their long-suffering orders finally  going out.

No such luck with NZ so far, sorry..

On 1/19/2022 at 6:15 AM, KursadA said:

It looks like there is now a way to economically ship smaller orders to Australia - I will enable this soon, and folks from Australia should soon start seeing their long-suffering orders finally  going out.

No such luck with NZ so far, sorry..

Great news!