D'oh! Heller Homer (OOB)

It’s no secret that I’m a fan of weird model kits and replicas. From four-door Corvettes to oddball float planes and all things in between, I tend to have a soft spot for the unconventional. Of course, that doesn’t mean that I don’t like things that are a bit more well-known. I also like figure kits, primarily from animes, but I rarely have a chance to get them due to their relatively high cost.

Surely one of the most well-known and recognizable animated characters of all time, however, is not from an anime. Homer Simpson, the rather dim-witted and corpulent “third cousin twice removed” of more conventional TV father figures, has been making the world laugh (and shake their collective heads) for decades now. So, when my sister-in-law, who is a big Simpsons fan, ran into the Heller Homer Simpson on a local hobby shop run a few years ago, I was blown away. Not only was there a kit of Homer, it was French!

I thought it was high time to take a look at this rather strange bit of Springfeild-alia (?) and share this oddity with the rest of the modelling world. After all, while Homer is famous, this kit doesn’t seem to be, and that makes it all the cooler in my eyes!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/heller-homer-simpson-oob/

homer-001.jpg?w=425