I JUST saw this on the Modeling News site!  I've only built one Japanese airplane, a later war Zero, the older 1/48 Tamiya kit which was actually a really nice model!  But now that I have a deep green Zero, I"ve been wanting, at some point, to do a Pearl Harbor Zero in the light grey upper color scheme, and I'm super thrilled to see that Eduard looks like they are doing it!  If their details and design are anywhere close to the latest that they have done on Bf109s, Spitfires and P-51s, then this forthcoming Zero (and maybe an accompanying Wildcat?) should be spectacular!  I already know I'm a sucker for new tooled Eduard airplanes, and they will absolutely have my money when this kit comes out!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Curt B said:

I hope the wing to fuselage joint is better than shown here...although it was just a 'quick build'.  What did you think, gabor, overall impressions?

Sorry, I did not include the comment from Edu Boss Sulc that the wing is not glued to the fuselage!  I think that would explain the joint line!

The kit looks OK to me. I have ZERO knowledge of the ZERO!  (Sorry for this . . .  : )  : )  : )

Have absolutely no intention of getting the kit or getting into this kit in any form, it is simply not my thing! Have more than enought of kits in  stash which are more my cup of tea, have little spare time and some real problems with everyday staying alive, but also a lot of work in trying to save my ejection seat collection . . .        So . . .

The only comment from me is that the schemes are not really colourful in the Tora Tora edition. But of course it is a question of individual taste. I am sure there are millions around the world who will be happy with this kit.

On the other hand I would be very much interested in opinions from Japanese modellers who after all are a "little bit" closer to the subject and have seen the real metal in museums.

Best regards

Gabor  

I am no expert on the Zero, either, but as I'd written in a prior post, I had been really impressed with the Tamiya 1/48 Zero which is an older molding.  From the photos posted by gabor, though, the surface detail of the new Eduard Zero looks better than the old Tamiya, and I can only hope it goes together as easily and without need for filler.  I think the Zero is a cool airplane, and is certainly one of the many iconic WWII airplanes that deserve state of the art molding!  I think this is the last in 1/48 scale that was in need of a new kit, although there remain many WWII planes which are just the tiniest bit less 'famous' than the Spitfire, P-51, Bf-109 and Fw-190, like the Wildcat, that we will still be seeing new versions.  I Just hope I have enough money and time to give all these planes the attention they deserve!