I'm not coming to the office. no deals. no appeals

My direct manager said its fine and I can chill from home.

The other manager is like "hurr everyone needs to come from monday"

>during PEAK corona in winter

>during 2500 new cases per day

I hope he has the cojones to write to me, so i can ask him if he wants me to resign or just get fired.

I'LL WORK IN A GROCERY STORE

I'LL WORK IN THE OFFICE OF ANOTHER COMPANY

BUT IT WONT BE YOUR COMPANY

NO DEALS

NO APPEALS

linkara-coming-for-you.gif

this is me SPRINTING to get the vaccine and go to the office as 1 designer making 1200$ a month doing the job of 2 designers (7 tasks in 2 hours?) only to be told "you didnt name this folder correctly, what a dissapointment! youve been with us for 2 years" And no raise in almost 2 years.

Personally I wouldnt comply anyways. You give an inch and they'll take a mile; complying has only made it worse, and the people who think they are helping their families are making it worse for them and everyone else. Next up is social credit scores, vaccine passports and being watched by big brother every step of the way. But hey, people voted for it.

the funniest thing is the companies are ABSOLUTELY obsessed with trying to force everyone to return to the office even though we are in the middle of a supposed second wave pandemic.

They are trying to push the virus as the scariest thing (and i do believe it exists) yet companies are risking losing 90% of their workers if someone comes to work sick and infects everyone.

Imagine wanting everyone in the office only to get half the people sick/dead and work grinds to a halt.

A lot of stupid companies are going to go bankrupt because people are simply going to go work for cooler companies who are not stuck in the past.

i mean..if i have to do the brutal amount of work I do now..and wake up early and drive...these people are out of their mind.

So far, nothing wrong with this thread, I get we have different opinions and thats fine. Just keep it civil please. No name calling and no conspiracy theories from either side please.

we seem to be all in agreement that its no longer worth to bend the knee to the employer.

and i have to say kudos that so many office workers decided to quit when forced to return to the office.

especially during a pandemic thats supposed to be killing people so easy.

i do believe the virus is real. but the funny thing is..the governments want to use it to have more control over people, pushing how even scarier it is...but at the same time they want you back in the office? you dont get to play both sides (:

you dont get to say "you gotta wear a mask, take a vaccine, you cant gather" but at the same time "you have to go back to the office though" where there are 40+ people that even vaccinated can catch the virus at any time.

On 10/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, MR Brush Brutalizer said:

They are trying to push the virus as the scariest thing (and i do believe it exists) yet companies are risking losing 90% of their workers if someone comes to work sick and infects everyone.

Imagine wanting everyone in the office only to get half the people sick/dead and work grinds to a halt.

Though not about the same incident, nor even in the same century, that brings to mind a conversation Dad had with Grandad after Dad retired from USN and began working for a civilian company,

My Dad after he relayed the situation/s, "Are all civilian businesses this screwed up?"

Grandad, "No, not all of them, there's at least a good ten percent that aren't."

I love that reply "wow just wow" fellow plane enthusiast.

I imagine you are probably one of them famous american boomers, and i.actually am an entitled millennial from east europe.

Let me tell you a few things, this is not some hostility - its more of a fun facts trivia. About the whole boomer vs millennial reality.

1. when you went for army service the only attitude you got was the generic "Maggots! I will turn you into real men! Cmon brakovsky cant you do 20 pushups, dont act like a girl!" the sergeant encouraging you more than really insulting you. 

> In contrast I really wanted to become spec ops when I was finishing 12th grade but they removed army service. What was waiting for me if I had gone was not friendly encouragement but my fellow mates raping me and doing other disgusting things to me, just because they were 1 year older in army service and they were bored and wanted to abuse the new guys. And by abuse i mean actual rape and other horrid stuff. Welcome to 2 year hell where some men cut their fingers to be discharged or just ran away/killed themselves.

So yea..i didnt go to army service..but today i am a prepper..and i like lurking in the forests off road and survival.

2. When you finished finished high school, you could buy a house and a corvette with 2 years of working, My first car was a used renault 11 (made 87) with 67 horsepower. Just when i entered the job market "Recession" started and no one offered jobs. Bulgarian "employers" wanted you to work as a bartender 10 hour shifts, 6 days a week for 200$ a month.

3. The whole "leave my house when you are 18" is disgusting. Or boomers watching their child struggle in an unfair life where he cant even pay rent, let alone buy a house..and they just go on a vacation to the bahamas for the 10th time. Who cares about your child and grandchild, just restore a harley davidson or buy a boat (: Never-mind the job market is super unfair and everyone expects you to work for 15$ an hour and people have started living in their vans (:

4. The whole walk in and shake their hand doesn't work. My mom made me try it many times. No one cares. Even in London walking into small shops the reality was indians were looking to hire an indian, and muslims were looking to hire a muslims.

> Today I have to create a fake persona like dwayne johnson, just smile on linkedin and post images of my new plane hobby, talking about what a precise and patient designer I have become and why you should hire me because I am so cool working with tweezers (: And how I went on a nature walk

I've had to lie about my skills multiple times and create a whole strategy of dealing with managers and bosses just to SURVIVE and work a good job.

5. Even in communist bulgaria, my boomer grandfather worked as a handyman in a shoe factory, probably doing 3 hours of work, while having a COMMUNITY GARDEN in the backyard growing strawberries. And the american boomer stories are they answer a few emails and just look busy and they refuse to learn new software.

> In contrast, yea..i got to work from home. And they KICK MY fool 12 banners at the same time, 7 tasks in 2 hours...just non stop work. I often fall a sleep after work and the thanks i get is "wow you didnt name this folder right, i am soo dissapointed, geeeeeez" While I do the work for 2 designers.

And you know what I have discovered after all of this? There's nothing honorable or to be proud of - of working hard, driving to work and getting dead tired.

If you are a doctor, a policeman, obviously i respect you for doing more than me. But except that...why would you be proud to say "i work 12 hour shifts i wake up at 5AM!"

I used to wake up at 5AM to driving to the capitol. No one said bravo. I risked my life on the highway for 3.5 years only to be let go because of a stupid joke.

Meanwhile the managers and bosses wake up at 8:30 and come to work at 10:30 doing...nothing...and leave at 16:00 with a smile.

My "senior designer"...practically did...nothing..and took vacation constantly to go "Drive motorbikes in italy"

Meanwhile I can barely take 1 day vacation and i have 20 days left to take.

So DAMN RIGHT i would be proud of working from home, waking up 8:59, working less and just having it easy...like boomers used to have it in the 50s (:

5 hours ago, southwestforests said:

Though not about the same incident, nor even in the same century, that brings to mind a conversation Dad had with Grandad after Dad retired from USN and began working for a civilian company,

My Dad after he relayed the situation/s, "Are all civilian businesses this screwed up?"

Grandad, "No, not all of them, there's at least a good ten percent that aren't."

We used to say government jobs are always better and cushier than regular jobs.

Mainly because its lazy busy work and you never get fired or replaced.

If you got a government job...chances are you are employed for the next 30 years unless you decide to quit for some reason.

But the problem is pay was very little.

Now in the It corporate world...its a doggy dog world. I wanted to be loyal and not quit every year...and i watch my company screwing me over while others flip jobs for bigger pay and smile on linkedin. You gotta improve your skills constantly, bluff, demand bigger pay and not share them with anyone.

Working for the US army...HAS to be sweet. Especially if you get some job where you are not being shot on the front lines. An equipment repair man or so on.

You retire at what...40 years old?