Mi-35 Hind cockpit colour question

G'day people,

I would like to know what colour the left sidewall immediately behind the pilot would be. This is is the 'access tunnel' between the main cabin and the pilot's cockpit. The right wall on the opposite side is dominated by avionics racks and is basically light blue. The pilot and gunner cockpits are all black but I cannot find a pic of the left side, it seems that photographers favour the more interesting right side,

cheers,

Pappy

Seems to be black also.

http://www.britmodeller.com/walkarounds/helos/mil 24/24 97.JPG

https://transport-photo.com/photo/6280/Brasilian-Mi-35.html

I will have to find Hind books and take a look if your is anything in them that might help.

@Flankerman might be your best bet for a photo off the top of my head. There used to be Hind driver on here and probably could have told you.

Edited by Tank

G'day Tank,

Thanks for the reply. I cannot open the second pic but the Britmodeller pic suggest blacl but hardto say as the left side is in shadow. I never realised how hoard it was to get a pic of this area before now. If hope you find something in your Hind refs,

cheers,

Pappy

On 10/20/2021 at 4:43 PM, Pappy121 said:

Zvesda 1/48 Mi-35VP (Hind F)

What are your thoughts of the kit and what scheme are you planning on building? I have most of their 1/72 kits in the stash. I go back and forth on scaling up. 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:17 PM, Tank said:

What are your thoughts of the kit and what scheme are you planning on building? I have most of their 1/72 kits in the stash. I go back and forth on scaling up. 

G'day Tank,

BLUF: Zvesda kit is really good,  much better that the Revell/Mono kit and builds quickly and well, has great weapons and comprehensive decals incl. stencils

I also float between scales and have nearly completed their 1/72 Mi-24 ( needs paint)

My 1/48 will be a Cypriot National Guard machine in the last three tone sand scheme. It will require some minor conversion as the CNG birds have shorter wing pylons and fixed undercarriage. I have already have a converted a 1/72 Has Mi-35P in all over dark grey so  I want to do the other sceme in 1/48. I have also started a 1/72 Zvesda Mi-35 which will be a little 'different' 

The 1/48 kit is in many ways like a scaled up version of the 1/72 kit. In itself this is no bad thing as the 1/72 kit went together really well and really captured details like the IR jammer, CM dispensers (faired and unfaired), the weapons designator pod etc. The full engines and main rotor transmission are well executed and painted as is will look nice but with some additional plumbing they can look very convincing. The detail is stunning for 1/72 but in 1/48 it will need some more attention to look convincingly busy. The cockpit is much more accurate the the Revell/Mono kit which is pretty bad and OOB looks convincing, especially in 1/72 but would benefit from some AM in 1/48 due the visibility and the fact that the cockpit is a natural focal point. There is now heaps of AM available for the Zvesda 1/48 kit if so inclined abd if you were to purchase all of it equates to multiples of the base kit cost.

The weapons are very well done and far superior to the Revell/Mono offering, and the Zvesda kit really has eclipsed that old stalwart in all areasexcept one - surface texture. The Zvesda kit has nicely recessed lines (unlike the Reverllogram kit) but the surface is completely devoid of any rivet detail which is quite prominent on the Mi-24/35 family. Revellogram does have raised rivets and of course is much cheaper. Still on weapons, I do't think you need the aftermarket weapons but obviously they are slightly better detailed. The BV-8-20 rocket pods look very nice and have shallow 'dimples' to help in drilling out the tubes if you are game. The main advantage in using AM weapons would be you get to avoid cleaning up the seams but OTOH you have to separate resin casting blocks, apply PE and ensure correct alignment/squareness when using CA which can be unforgiving.

You pays 'yer money you takes 'yer choice!

Back to the Zvesda kits, they go together really well and if you don't want to have all theengine details on display, the panels fit well in the closed position. The only area I had an issue with was the mutli part canopy, especially the rear section. There is a tricky join that follows the curve of the forward vision panel. Zvesda uses the same breakdown in their 1/48 kit so not looking forward to that part.

Decals are very comprehensive with a swarm of small cyryllic stencils to apply, even the weapons have stencils so top marks there,

cheers,

Pappy