Mig-29 SMT grey scheme

I would be willing to help out but;

1; What brand of paints are you using?

2; AKAN does have MiG-29SMT camo paint packages.

3; Note there are two MiG-29SMT splinter camo schemes. The original one and the repainted (atrociously done) one, it has darker dark grey color.

40 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Hi I am currently doing a MiG29SMT. The colours you need for the splinter camo are 

MRP284  - light grey (for lower surfaces)

MRP 287 - light green grey (for upper camo)

MRP288 - dark green grey (for upper camo)

If you wish to use Akan it’s 63051 for the lower grey and 63093 for the upper green grey. Personally I will use the MRP paints even though I have the Akan since I find MRP to spray better and is more resilient.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

I am looking for the grey camo not the grey/green one

I've been trying to match colours to the photos of SMT's. Frankly, it seems every one is slightly different colour. I used what Zvezda claimed in instructions. I was going for a more faded colurs, and initially I wanted some yellow primer flakings, eventually decided against it.

Light gray - Tamiya XF-80,

Dark gray/blue Tamiya XF-18 with a light gray overspray, as it turned out too dark for me.

For the medium gray tone I used the Gunze H308.

While I'm not too happy with the darkest gray, the rest seems ok to me.

AM-JKLWgFaw4LM7Jwi9z1F8NGFjtna2Ix9YvwOQs

AM-JKLVtK7UW4CuStXpabqDslXuUBq3ex37vWRS5

On 10/22/2021 at 6:49 PM, Sturm said:

Hi I am currently doing a MiG29SMT. The colours you need for the splinter camo are 

MRP284  - light grey (for lower surfaces)

MRP 287 - light green grey (for upper camo)

MRP288 - dark green grey (for upper camo)

The above mentioned paints are ok for the repainted ones that @Berkut mentioned above. From what I could see, not a lot of aircraft were repainted and it's a shame, Rene chose to release paints for this version and demo 777 instead of the original splinter option.

17 hours ago, Sturm said:

I do agree the green is bit on the darkish side but the real ones also had significant variations 

Actually, they didn't have siginificant variations - apart from the paint fading which was not extreme. Original dark grey had blueish hue while the repainted ones had it darker with greenish hue. MrP paints that you've used are correct for repainted birds.