Im looking for somebody who can help me model a Eurofighter suject but Ive very little to no information to go on as I dont really know what to search for, so Im looking for somebody to fill in the blanks as much as information on how.

A long time ago. Maybe 15 years ago I have a vague memory of seeing two videos about the Eurofighter. I assumed at the time it was made by or for the RAF.

There was this one

Eurofighter - Nothing Comes Close HD - YouTube

The other I cant seem to find.

The video was just aerobatics showing off the capabilities of the jet but in the video there were two jets, one was the classic light grey coloured jet but there was also a very dark grey coloured jet and that is the one I would like some more information on as I know nothing about it at all.

ZH588 was the sole development aircraft to wear that scheme...

....apart from occasional anniversary marklings, all in-service Typhoons wore standard light grey finishes...

....until this one came along - ZJ914 of IX(B) Squadron, in a satin black 'Aggressor' scheme:

51158571999_9a67dd6e8c_k.jpg

Search for ZJ914 on Google and/or Flickr, and you'll find plenty of pics - including its special Union Jack display scheme...

Edited by andyf117
4 hours ago, andyf117 said:

ZH588 was the sole development aircraft to wear that scheme...

....apart from occasional anniversary marklings, all in-service Typhoons wore standard light grey finishes...

....until this one came along - ZJ914 of IX(B) Squadron, in a satin black 'Aggressor' scheme:

Search for ZJ914 on Google and/or Flickr, and you'll find plenty of pics - including its special Union Jack display scheme...

What kit best represents ZH588? Are there any decals for it?

59 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

What kit best represents ZH588? Are there any decals for it?

I'm not familiar with Typhoon kits, but according to a post at Britmodeller, this one fits the bill for the development aircraft, and includes decals for it:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04551-typhoon--153566 71PBVKp7NtL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

This a/c initially started off in the 2 tone grey scheme as per the rest of the early prototypes, it then received lots of black disc type sensors on it, to hide these, it was painted black. You will need to source a pair of 43 squadron Fighting Cock markings, (probably suitable for a Tornado F3, not a Phantom) if you want these on the tailfin (they are not on the sheet above) these were added later after visiting or being based at RAF Leuchars for a while during testing. Don't add the heraldic lion marking as it didn't wear those in the black scheme. The a/c still exists hung on the roof of the museum at RAF Hendon.

-----------

Edited by barkin mad