Decals for 433rd F-4D circa 1971/ Combat Use of Pave Knife

Hello all,

Just wondering if any decals exist for this aircraft in this time period. It seems like the only 1:48 decals for the 433rd are for the F-4C/Robin Olds/Operation Bolo. I see Eduard makes a Pave Knife pod, so I would have expected there to be decals out there to complete the build.

Failing that, does anyone have reference pictures that would be of use in comparing the older 433rd F-4Cs with the subsequent F-4Ds? My thinking is that I could use generic F-4D stencils and take the unique markings from an F-4C sheet, assuming the squadron didn't change much in the 5ish year time frame.

Thanks!

Yes, I did see those topics. I searched as thoroughly as I could before creating a new post. I wouldn't be opposed to doing a F-4D with the LORAN setup and black belly, but there isn't much information about the stores they carried. I read that a SUU-42 was used to dispense the electronic stuff, but I can't find anyone that makes a pod like that.

So given that, the first-gen LGB would be more interesting to me. Especially since the Pave Knife pod is already available. It just comes down to getting the correct markings on the aircraft...

Edited by Specter1075