SprueBrothers “Email me when back in stock” feature gone missing

So I was browsing SprueBrothers website. There were a couple items that I wanted that were out of stock. I looked for the feature to get an email when the items were back in stock and didn’t see it in the item description. Did I miss the memo that SprueBrothers was dropping this “email me” feature from their website?  Is there another way to get a notification when an out of stock item has been restocked?

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Ken Cartwright said:

Yes, I am seeing the same thing.  Very odd.  Probably just a tech issue on the back end and will  be resolved soon.

me too

Geoff M

5 minutes ago, Bob Beary said:

It works with no issues for me on 3 different browsers and iMac.

I've tried two browsers in Windows and one on Linux, and all have the error.  I wonder if some security setting for cookies is causing an issue, as I have the browsers fairly locked down.

I messaged them, and got this response:

We just posted this on FB:

SERVER ERROR PROBLEM.
This seems to be impacting certain people (not everyone as we are still receiving orders in routinely) and not everyone is affected the same way (for example, for one person, Firefox does not work but Chrome does, then the next person reports the opposite, and another reports no go on any browser). Go figure. The problem is some type of cookie handling issue.

Anyways, tech support is aware of the problem and have been working on a fix since late Thurs into Friday. The last we were told was that a code fix was done and it was awaiting QA/QC testing. Not sure if they work over the weekend.

WORKAROUND
We recently discovered this workaround:

Basically don't be logged in when you are shopping. Don't log in until you are ready to checkout.
Add all the items you want to purchase into the shopping cart. THEN log into your account (or you can checkout as a guest). Once logged in, go straight to checkout and complete checkout. We have tested this multiple times and was successful each time. We also told this to a few customers who have reported back success as well.

If this does not work, try deleting the cookies for spruebrothers.com in the browser you are using.